Chapter 24

A/N: HEY LOVES!!! I'M BACK.
Hope y' all doing great!!
Thanks for waiting for the update!!
Enjoy!!! 💜

******

My eyes fluttered open, only to be stung by the harsh rays of sun that filtered through my window.

Why is the morning sun so intense?

I frowned sleepily and twisted my head away, snuggling closer to the pillow.

A familiar scent of mild citrus and musk wafted my nostrils.

Why in the world do my pillow and duvet smell like Him? Looks like my soul misses Jungkook.

Jungkook?

The events of last night sloshed back into my mind like a tidal wave.

My eyes flew open only to find an empty spot on the bed beside me.

Where the hell did he vanish to?

I sat upright on my bed and looked around. There was no sign of him. His shirt and shoes were gone as well.

What the fuck, Jeon Jungkook!!!

Without a second thought, I rushed out of my bedroom, and my eyes found the person it was searching for next to the door, trying to sneak out.

"Jeon Jungkook," I hollered his name, making him freeze in his path.

He turned on his heels ever so slowly to face me.
I folded my hands across my chest and tapped my foot on the tiled floor, narrowing my eyes at him.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"Getting out of your apartment," Jungkook answered at once, rolling his doe eyes, but I missed the way his eyes zeroed on my chest for a moment because I was busy checking him out.

I'm glad that his complexion has improved to this morning. He looks less exhausted, and our soulbond is in sync; I can feel it.

"And what? Let some damn paparazzi catch you in that state, and they can make up some idiotic headlines and set the social media on fire?"

His eyes narrowed on me.
"Nothing's gonna happen," He said casually.

Who the hell is gonna tell this man that even if he breathes, it's going to trend on social media?

"And for the record, you're in a worse state than me," He pointed out. I caught his eyes traveling down my body, but he averted them immediately as if he wasn't just checking me out.

I raised an eyebrow at him in confusion and glanced down.

"Holyshit!!!"

My sleep shirt was wide open, giving a fabulous view of my cleavage.

Guess my poor sleep shirt couldn't stand his brute force except for one which tried its best to hold the shirt together but couldn't because it was the last button standing.

Well done soldier, but you failed.

I immediately readjusted my shirt and cleared my throat. My eyes locked with his find him hiding a smirk.

"Still, you are not leaving."

"Yes, I'm, " He retorted and turned away, trying to undo the latch.

I ran to the door and somehow squeezed myself between him and the door with my arms wide open, my degree of undress long forgotten.

"Ash, step aside. I need to go. I know what I'm doing," He argued.

"You know or not, you're not stepping out of this apartment," I said sternly.