Chapter 15

(Trigger warning⚠)

*****

I remember that day as vividly as it was yesterday. It was the weekend, and I'd bounced on my way back home, already making plans in my little head for the weekend. The little me was excited for the weekend except for one thing, mom was off for a seminar or something with her students from the Music academy where she worked as a teacher. She's a violinist.

But dad was home and will definitely have something prepared. Perhaps, he had prepared something for his 8 yr old. But my little self never thought it shall haunt her for the rest of her life.

I heard them. Strange voices came from the living room, and my little self became curious.

But she never expected to catch her dad in a compromising position with some strange woman. They both were butt naked and were too high to notice the presence of the little child.

"Daddy, what are you doing?"

My little self asked; her fingers covered her eyes but peeped through them occasionally to check if her dad quit whatever he was doing.

But no. Her question was drowned in the woman's loud, high-pitched moans. Neither her dad had answered. He grunted as he took that woman from behind.

Their act made my little mind sick; I was disgusted.

My eyes wandered back to the small girl standing beside me. Her blue eyes were glossy, and she had no idea what was going on.

Her little legs took her forward.

No, don't go.

I wanted to warn her, to hold her back. But neither could I find my voice nor I could move from the position I sat on the damn floor. She passes right through my arms as if I was just a ghost. I felt so helpless.

But I can hear her little heart racing.

Or is it my own?

She moved to her dad and shook his thighs with her little hands.

"Daddy, what are you doing? Who's this woman? Why are you naked?"

She asked, but no response from either of them.

"Daddy."

"Will you just shut up? Little bitch," The woman cursed, making her startled.

"Daddy, who's she?" My little self demanded.

"Daddy," She screamed.

I wanted to scream, but I couldn't find my voice.

This time my little self got an answer, but it hurt. The asshole had thrown my little body away as if he was waving off some damn fly.

I saw my little self crashing against the coffee table. Pain trashed through my body. I can feel it all over again.

I lived through this hell of a day once, but I'll be dead if I see all this shit happening again. I doubt I'll live through it.

And why is it happening again? Why? I wanted to dash to the scumbag of my father and smash his head for making my life a living hell.

My little self whimpered on the floor, tears streaming down her face. I could feel her pain that shoot through her left side.

I remember my wound. I hit the coffee table so hard that it bruised the lower bones of my ribcage.

The little girl didn't dare to stand up; the pain was too unbearable for her tiny body. Her bloodshot eyes landed on her Dad, but he didn't give two shit about it.