Chapter 30

I walked out of the meeting room with my colleagues by my side. After Uni I directly came to the company. We were called upon by Kang-nim to discuss about the upcoming Festa performance. He'll also arrange some mock training sessions so that our crew is agile with our work.

Now, I'll probably spend some time with them and probably try to get some alone time to talk with Jungkook. Hopefully, I'll get some.

This meeting helped me to get my mind off some issues. What Danny said was mean and it pissed me off. Although that guy did come after me later to apologize, and I accepted his apology, I will keep some distance from him.

I know I'm defending someone who's least bothered about me but I can't help. The protective side comes out naturally. But on second thought, Jungkook does bother about me. For example today, I had planned to take a Taxi to the company after Uni, but there was Minghyuk ssi already waiting for me in a secluded area of the parking lot.

When I got into the sleek black car, I asked who told him to get me. Although he hesitated at first later with my persistent pestering, the poor guy confessed that Jungkook asked him to get me from Uni.

Now, can anyone explain what's happening? 'Cause I can't.
One moment he ignores my calls, ignores my texts and even my existence and the other moment he sends his manager to get me from my Uni.

I'm not sure what the fuck is going on in his mind. I wish my soulbond also gave me the power to read his damn mind.

"Ash, can you stay back for a second?" Mr. Kang hollered from the doorway of the meeting room.

I asked my colleagues to move on and I'll be back in few. They invited me to dine out with them tonight. They all are planning to have a hot pot.

Agreeing to meet them later, I went to Mr. Kang.

"What is it Mr. Kang?" I asked him.

"Sit down, Ash," He said gesturing me to take the seat opposite to him.

I sat down and waited for him to speak up.

"Ash, I've been keeping track of Jungkook's diet ever since we return back to Korea, but I didn't find anything suspicious so far," He informed, "He's healthy and in a good shape in fact."

"Oh."

"Yeah, we even did a blood test yesterday. You know the company usually do it as their medical check up routine. So, we did test Jungkook's blood for something foreign, but the results came out to be negative."

"What are you suggesting, Mr. Kang?"

"Maybe it was a false alarm. The results of his previous blood test was pseudo. That's what I think, Ash," Mr. Kang concluded.

How can it be possible. Then what happened to him that day? Was it just our soulbond going out of control? And how can be the previous blood test result be faulty? I'm not getting it. Something is wrong.

"Are you sure about this, Mr. Kang?"

"Affirmative."

"Okay. But can I request you something?"

"Sure, Ash. Shoot."

"Although you don't suspect anything, but I would request you to keep a syringe handy."

"You still suspect something?"

"I'm not sure. I can't answer you yet."

"Okay, we can do that. Rest assured Ash, Jungkook's alright," He said with a smile.

"Is that all Mr. Kang? May I go now?" I asked.

"Yup. That's all."

I bowed to him and made my way to their practice room. They're rehearsing the choreography for their Festa performance.