Part 3

Your heart was beating so fast, you thought it would jump out of your chest

Your heart was beating so fast, you thought it would jump out of your chest. You couldn't believe Tony was standing in front of you, his eyes wide like he saw a ghost. He looked down at the ultrasound picture and then back at you, as if he was waiting for you to tell him it was a joke.

"I... " You gulped. "I can explain."

"Oh, my God." Phoebe and Savannah whispered out.

He grabbed you under your elbow and literally dragged you out of the hospital. He brought you out and to the parking lot, opening the door for you and gesturing at you to go inside. You understood he didn't want to argue in public, so you got inside the car and he slammed the door hard, making you gasp.

He was angry.

You watched him as he walked to the driver's side and he got in, slamming his door closed just like he did to yours.

"Well?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at you.

"What?"

"Is it mine?"His jaw was clenched and he turned to look at you.

You were quiet.

"Y/N." He grabbed your jaw and turned you, making you look at him.

You looked at him in surprise. "You remember my name?"

"Of course I do." Tony answered. That night, you thought he was too drunk to remember his own name, but apparently, that was not the case.

He still looked at you, expecting you to say something. "Well?"

"What?"

"Well, the baby. Is it mine?"

By the look on your face, Tony was expecting you to at least slap him. But you just continued looking at him, taking a deep breath to calm yourself and realize he doesn't really know you, so him asking that question was expected.

Tony's heart dropped to his stomach when he saw you nod your head."Yes. Yes, the baby is yours, Tony."

He choked on his own saliva and started to cough. Obviously, it was not the answer he expected. "What?"

"It is yours. Isn't that what you wanted to know?"

"Are you sure?"

"No, I slept with, like, fifty other guys in the meantime." You replied sarcastically. "Is that what you think of me?"

"No, I just-"He took a deep breath." I thought you were on birth control. That's what you said."

"Well, the doctor just said it's not that effective." You told him.

"Is it - I-"

"Yes, Tony, this is what happens when you finish inside of a woman. At this point, I'm surprised this is your first baby."

This caused Tony's eyes to widen and he looked at you. "Do you think I have more babies?"

You shrugged. "It could be possible."

"Oh, fuck." Tony whispered out, turning his head to look at what was in front of him. He started to count every woman he slept with and his eyes started to widen when he went over fifteen.

"What's the number?" You asked him.

"Twenty four, twenty five... " He continued to count silently. Then, he looked at you. "I give up. That's a lot of babies."

"I was joking."You blinked and Tony stopped counting.

"You were?" He asked. "I mean, I know you were. I was joking, too."He cleared his throat. "So, uh... you're keeping the baby?"

"I still didn't decide." You replied and Tony looked... sad?

Still, he nodded his head and looked down at his lap. "If you keep it, I want you to know I'll be there for the baby."He looked up at you then. "I mean, whatever you both need... don't hesitate telling me. I want to be in their life."

"You do?" You asked, sounding unsure.

"I do." Tony quickly replied. "I didn't think I'll have a baby right now, but..."He trailed off. "You're the one making this decision, but I just want to tell you I would love if you kept it. It's sudden and it's not how I expected this to be going, but I still... I'm not getting any younger, Y/N. I want to have a child and be there in their life while I still can."

You nodded. "I'll think about it. If I keep it, my life would be completely changing from the root."

"I understand." Tony said. "Until then, I would love to help you in any way I can." He looked down at the prescriptions in your lap. "Let me take care of that. You just stay here."

After he took the papers, he opened the door and his phone started to ring. You looked at him as he answered the phone and talked to someone. "No, Barton, I did not forget you in the hospital. Something came up and I have to leave. I'm sending Happy to take you back to the tower."

Tony returned a few minutes later with multiple boxes in the bag. They were the medications and vitamins you had to take. "There." He smiled at you as he handed you the bag. "Let me take you back to your apartment."

You nodded and smiled, settling into the seat.

"Seatbelt." He warned, a bit too protective over you and the child who he only found out about few minutes ago.

You listened to him as he turned on the car and started to drive.