Part 39

Tony was in the lab, along with Chloe who he felt was getting on his nerves more with every passing minute. She kept trying to kiss him, but even she couldn't help but notice it was like he wasn't mentally there. He gave her a small peck before looking back to the monitor, reading over the contract for what felt like the hundredth time, yet he didn't remember a single word.

"What's wrong with you today?" She asked, her whines only getting more on his nerves.

"Don't forget your place." He replied."You know why you're here."

"Right. Make your ex jealous." She bit on her tongue. She caught feelings for him, obviously. But he didn't really care about her.

"Yes. Now, leave me alone. I have to work."She let out a frustrated sigh before leaving the lab, passing by Bruce who was walking in.

"I told you this wasn't a good idea." He told Tony, who rolled his eyes, feeling like he couldn't catch a moment of peace and quiet.

"I know."

"You only got Chloe to make her jealous, but it's only making things worse between you two. You should've seen the way she looked at you two that day."Tony glanced at Bruce when he said it. "She was hurt."

Tony looked down at the floor. "Well, what can I do? She always was fucking stubborn. I thought this was the best way, but I just pushed her towards someone else."

Bruce's eyes widened and he quickly approached Tony. "Y/N has someone else?"

"I don't know. I'm not sure." Tony replied. "I accidentally discovered it when I went to visit Maria."

"Do you know who?"

"If I knew who, I wouldn't be sitting here right now." Tony's jaw clenched at only the thought of you with another man.

"Maybe violence is not the best way to handle this." Bruce said. "Maybe you two should sit down like adults and talk this out. You obviously still care for each other."

"I care for her. I'm not so sure she still cares for me, really."

"Gentlemen." Steve announced, walking into the lab. He nodded at Tony in greeting, before focusing on Bruce. "Banner, you and Thor have a new mission. Meeting is in few minutes."

Bruce nodded, following Steve out of the lab. Tony's eyebrows furrowed as he smelled familiar perfume. Shrugging it off, he just continued to work.

Meanwhile, you were grocery shopping. You found yourself wanting grapes as soon as you returned home from work, so now you were in the proces of buying them and anything grape flavoured, really. You felt another presence close to you and out of the corner of your eye, you saw a metal hand reaching for the plums. You turned your head to confirm your suspicions and found Bucky Barnes staring right at you.

"Oh. Hi. I recognize you." He spoke."You're Stark's girlfriend, right? Y/N?"

You forced a smile on your face. "Not anymore."

"Sorry, I didn't know." He quickly apologized, but you waved it off.

"No, no, it's fine. Don't worry about it, really. How are you doing?"

"Uh... great. I returned from Wakanda a few days ago, and now I'm great. Still going to therapy, though, but I'm getting there." He said. "How about you? And the baby?"

"Oh, we're both great."

"I didn't see you at the facility... "

"We moved out."You said, watching his expression change once again and he nodded.

"Oh, wow. That bad, huh?"

"You could say so." You said. You noticed he cut his hair and changed his style as well. The leather jacket really looked good on him and, overall, it seemed like the time in Wakanda actually did good on him.

"Do you need help with anything?" He asked, looking down at your cart, only to see... his eyebrows furrowed."That's... a lot of grapes."

"I'm just... I haven't had them in a really long time." You nodded your head, trying not to seem too suspicious. "And that's a lot of plums."You said, glancing back at him.

"Listen, I can't help my love for plums." He said, making you both laugh.

"Right. No judgement here." You said, gesturing at your cart, making him chuckle.

"Listen, uh... we didn't have a chance to meet, really. And we barely talked. So, if you're free, we could go out for coffee or something?"

"Oh, sure. Just... let me pay for this and we can go."

Later that day, Tony called you, asking if you could bring Maria to the facility and you did, returning there with Bucky. You didn't see any trace of Chloe and you were glad. You needed to talk to Nat, anyway.

You walked into the lab, carrying Maria and, as soon as he spotted her, Tony grinned.

"See, we're making progress already."You said as you handed Maria to him. "You remembered you have a daughter. And you promised you'll take time off work."

"I just had to go over this contract and that's it. I'm taking, like, two weeks off." He said, placing soft kisses over Maria's face.

"Great. I have to talk to Nat. You can take care of her, right?"

"Are you kidding me? I'm a natural."

You rolled your eyes before quickly walking out of the lab and going to Nat's floor. You found her in her room, organizing her makeup as she listened to...

"Is that Beyoncé?"You asked, making her snap her head towards you, her hand quickly turning the music off, while she pulled you into her room with another, slamming the door closed.

"You will tell nobody about this." She threatened you and you raised your hands in surrender.

"Okay."

"What's up?" She asked you as you sat down on her bed, while she continued her job.

"I'm pregnant." You breathed out and heard the sound of everything that was in Natasha's hands falling down on the table. She quickly turned towards you.

"You're what?"

"Pregnant." You said.

"With who?" She asked and you gave her a look before she blinked. "Right. The asshole." She said and she sat by your side on the bed, wrapping her arm around your shoulder. "Are you sure you're pregnant?"

"I've got, like, six positive pregnancy tests and a doctor confirming it." You breathed out.

"What are you going to do? Did you tell Tony about it?"

"No. With the way he's treating us..."You shook your head. "I don't know if I'll tell him. I don't know if I'm gonna keep it, even."

Natasha frowned. "Yeah. I know. It's complicated."She said. "But it's your decision, at the end of the day. Nobody should get a say in it."

After spending another half an hour with Natasha, you felt better. She was great at giving advice, after all. Just as you walked out, you ran into Steve, who grinned as soon as he saw you.

"Y/N. I was just about to call you."He said.

"I just came to drop Maria off and talk to Nat about... something. Sorry I didn't answer your texts this morning. I was in a rush."

"Hey, it's fine. I was just texting you about tonight... " His voice sounded distant in your ears. Your eyes focused on a figure glaring at you over Steve's shoulder. Your smile dropped from your face as you stared at Tony. And he looked like he heard the whole conversation with Steve.