Part 16

You couldn't even begin to understand how fast Tony managed to organize the party and invite all those people. But then again, Natasha did tell you he was a playboy and used to party like this every single night, so you couldn't really be surprised.

Tony was by the bar, drinking like he would usually do, when he saw your figure appear down the stairs with Natasha right behind you.

His lips parted and he stared at you over the rim of the glass. His gaze went from the high heels you were wearing, up your long legs and the dress you were wearing to your face. Tony felt an unknown feeling deep inside of him when your gaze met his. You were so beautiful.

He watched people approach you, wishing you a happy birthday and you greeted everyone with a smile. Then, you quickly found Savannah and hugged her, talking to her about something while another person joined Tony by the bar.

"Scotch, please." Rhodey said to the bartender, before his gaze turned to Tony, who still couldn't look away from you. "Earth to Tony!" He said, shaking the man who only then looked away and towards Rhodey.

"What do you want?" He asked.

"You've been staring at Y/N for a few minutes now. I don't think you even blinked, so I just wanted to check if you're still alive?" Rhodey said, making Tony roll his eyes.

"I am. Very much so. Now let me get back to what I was doing."

"Staring at Y/N like a creep?" Rhodey chuckled. "You know what, man, you should just tell her how you feel already."

Tony's eyebrows furrowed. "How I feel?"

"Yeah, just confess it to her already."Rhodey said.

Tony cleared his throat, trying to avoid looking at you now. "I don't - We're just messing around. I don't like her and she doesn't like me. We're simply... tolerating each other because of the baby."

Rhodey clicked his tongue as he stared at Tony. "That's the biggest bullshit I've heard in... well, in my entire life. I just gave you an advice, do as you wish." Rhodey grabbed his drink before he walked back into the crowd, disappearing from Tony's view.

"Jesus." Tony's head immediately snapped to the direction your voice was coming from and he saw you approaching him. He immediately straightened up while you leaned on the bar to try and catch some breath."There's a lot of people."

"Did you get here all by yourself?"Tony immediately panicked and got off his chair." What if someone pushed you and you fell-"

"Well, that didn't happen." You said with a calm voice. "Sit your ass back down and get me something to drink."

Tony rolled his eyes before gesturing at the bartender, ordering you orange juice. The boy placed the full glass in front of you quickly and you thanked him.

Tony bit on his lip as he watched you."You know, uh... You look beautiful tonight."

You grinned, suddenly feeling shy."Thank you."You rubbed over your belly. "Thankfully, I don't look too pregnant in this dress. It just looks like I ate a bit too much."

Tony looked down at your stomach before looking at you. "You'd look beautiful in whatever you wear."

You turned to him, a shy smile on your face. "You're being nice tonight."

"It's the truth." Tony replied, wrapping his arm around your waist.

"Well, thank you." You replied, placing your palm on his jaw, your thumb rubbing his stubble.

Tony glanced down at your lips before he started to lower his head towards yours. You closed your eyes, still holding onto him. It was like you were in a trance, his scent was intoxicating and you just wished he would finally kiss you. Your lips were almost touching when Sam appeared out of nowhere by the bar, breaking the two of you apart.

You cleared your throat and parted from Tony, who looked annoyed.

"Oh, hey guys." Sam, who had just seen you, said. "I didn't see you there."

"This damn chicken."Tony mumbled out, making you chuckle.

"Falcon is a bird." You whispered to him, and Tony downed his whiskey before speaking.

"Whatever. Falcon, chicken, doesn't matter. He's a pain in the ass."

"This must be the baby mama." Sam spoke, looking you up and down."Damn girl, you really look gorgeous."

"Thanks." You grinned. "It's Sam, right?"He nodded his head.

"Do you wanna come with me? I was on my way to Hill and we didn't have a chance to talk yet." He asked, making Tony sigh as he watched you walk away with Sam.

"You gonna let Hill steal your girl?"Natasha asked, sliding on the chair that was previously occupied by you.

"Technically, she's not my girl."

"Technically, you need to finally grow a pair and ask her out on a date."She said, finger moving over the edge of her glass.

"You know, the date usually comes before the pregnancy thing." Steve added, appearing next to Natasha.

"True. But it's Tony, so I'm not surprised." Natasha replied and looked at Tony. "Well? Are you gonna ask her out?"

"It's not that easy." Tony said. "What if she rejects me? What if..." He sighed.

"Well, tell us." Natasha insisted. "We can help you."

"I like her. Very, very much. Maybe the feeling's not mutual but, maybe it's better off this way. She was kidnapped and we aren't even in a relationship. What would happen if, next time, we are together? I can't put her through that." Tony finally confessed, feeling like huge weight has been lifted from his shoulders."Neither she or our baby deserve that."

"Wow, wow! Calm down." Natasha said. "First of all, she likes you too. I know it."

Tony avoided her gaze.

"And besides, I'm sure she knew what she was signing up for when she agreed to all of this." Steve added."If she didn't want to be with you, she wouldn't put up with all of this. She would've been long gone. But no. She puts up with you watching over her like a hawk and breathing down her neck every second of the day, and constantly bossing her around, being overprotective. You know why? Because she has feelings for you, too."

Natasha nodded. "If it was me in her place, I would've ditched you a long time ago." Tony opened his mouth to say something, but Natasha cut him off. "And no, it's not just because you're gonna have a kid together. Stop thinking you're selfish for this, Tony. You deserve to have a family. You deserve to be happy."

Tony bit on the inside of his cheek, thinking about what Natasha and Steve just told him. "I have a date to plan."

Rhodey rolled his eyes, letting out the breath he was holding as soon as he heard Tony's words from the other side of the bar. "Finally."