Part 40

Tony's jaw clenched as he stared at you. Steve, who noticed you were no longer listening to him, turned around only to see Tony. He stopped talking and looked between the two of you. "Uh... "Steve tried to say something to stop you two from glaring at each other, but you spoke up.

"Can I help you, Anthony?"You asked him.

"Is he the one-"

"Yes." You interrupted Tony. "He is."

"A great friend you are, Cap." Tony turned to him. "You couldn't wait, could you?"

"Tony, as far as I know, you two are no longer together." Steve tried to calm him down, but it did nothing, it only angered him more.

"Tony, it's none of your business." You told him. "You said it yourself."

"My teammate, Y/N?" Tony turned towards you. "Are you serious? How could you do this to me? Both of you?"

"You're acting as if we did a crime. We're no longer together, Tony." You said.

Steve spoke up. "Tony, you-" Before he could finish his sentence, Tony punched him in the face and you gasped, prying him away from Steve.

"What the hell are you doing?" You shrieked, causing Natasha to finally come out of her room, her eyes going between the three of you. She watched you cup Steve's face as you looked for any injuries. "Are you okay?"

"Surprisingly, I've had worse." Steve joked, but still gasped in pain when you touched his cheek. You turned around to look at Tony.

"What's going on?" Natasha asked.

"I'm leaving, that's what's going on."You quickly told Steve you'll talk to him later, before you hurried down the hall.

"You'll never come near her again."Tony threatened Steve before he hurried after you, trying to catch up to you. "Y/N, wait!"

"Why? So you can give me another apology you don't mean? Save it, Anthony."

"I- wait!" He caught you by your wrist and spun you around to face him."Out of anyone in the whole world, you just had to be with him."

"Do you hear yourself?" You asked him. "Only yesterday, you told me that we have no say in each other's relationships, and now you're literally attacking me for being with Steve."

"But it's Steve!"

"Oh, stop it." You said. "I can't listen to you anymore. I don't know what happened to you, but this is not the Tony I knew once. And my daughter is not coming near you until you sort out your anger issues."

"Our daughter. Don't you fucking dare put this on me, when you started it!"

"You! You started this when you got together with that... that... " You bit on your tongue so you don't insult the girl he was with. After all, it was not her fault. "Can you blame me for moving on? What did you expect me to do? Cry over you for months? Beg you to take me back, maybe?"

"I didn't say that. I just can't believe you hooked up with Steve!"

"Hooked up? What-"

"I know you did."A harsh slap could be heard in the hallway and Tony was taken aback. He felt the stinging sensation in his cheek and looked down at you, only to find you glaring at him.

"Don't you dare ever speak to me again!"

"Y/N, I'm sorry, but- wait!" He turned you around once more and you let out a breath, annoyed. "You can't be with him."

"Oh, so now you see yourself fit to tell me who I can be with?" You asked him.

"It's not like that." He said, making you raise an eyebrow. "It's just... I can't stand seeing you with another man, not only Steve."

"Well, too fucking bad. You've got no choice in the matter." You told him.

"I'm serious, Y/N. Just please..."

"You can't stop me, Anthony. You said it yourself. It's not your business anymore." You took a step back, being closer to the stairs now. The only thing holding you back was Tony's hand on your wrist. "Please, let me have at least one good thing in my life. Maybe we couldn't function as a couple, but I will always love you for giving me Maria and that's the only reason. We can stay friends if you stop acting this way."

"Tony!" You heard Natasha's voice, her eyes widening when she saw how close you were to the stairs. "Let her go!"

"Stay out of this, Nat." Tony told her.

You took the opportunity and pulled your hand out of his grasp, rushing down the stairs. You made your way to the living room, where Bruce was with Maria. After shortly telling him what happened, you made your way out of the facility.

Later that night, you were in bed, when you were woken up by cramps. You gasped, clutching onto your stomach as you quickly grabbed your phone off the night-stand, dialing Nat. She quickly answered. "Y/N, is something wrong? It's 3 am."

"You-" You groaned in pain, alarming Natasha. "You might need to take me to the hospital."