Part 27

It was the late afternoon when Tony walked into the room. He was finished with all work in the lab and he just took a shower. He smiled when he saw the baby holding onto your shirt as you were feeding her.

"How are my ladies doing?" He asked, settling down onto the bed with you before placing his chin on your shoulder as he watched the baby.

"We're fine."You slightly turned your head towards him and Tony placed a peck on your lips."Are you done with work?"

"Yes. I want to spend the rest of the day with you two."He said. He watched as you held the baby up after she was finished and she looked at him over your shoulder.

"Hi there, my little darling."Tony said, smiling at her."You ate good, didn't you?"

After she was finished with burping, you gently placed her in her previous position in your hands and she fell asleep quickly while you massaged her stomach.

"She's asleep. Can you put her in her crib?" You placed the empty bottle on the table as Tony got up to take the baby. He placed a kiss on her hand before he placed her in the crib while you put away all of her things. Then, he walked back towards the bed.

"She's a very calm baby."Tony said as he laid down next to you."I thought she would be crying a lot more through the night." She only woke up twice and Tony was the one who brought her to you first time to feed her, while he changed her diaper alone the second time. He wanted you to rest as much as it was possible with a newborn.

"Me too. But let's be thankful for the peace and quiet for now, alright?" You asked as he grinned and wrapped his arms around you.

"Are you still in pain?" He asked, eyes scanning over your body as his hand rubbed your back.

"A little."You replied, getting comfortable in his warm embrace."But it's getting better. How are you adjusting to this?"

"Honestly, only thinking of the fact we now have a small human to take care of, and it's a human we created, blows my mind."He placed a kiss on your forehead before you moved your head so it was resting on top of his chest."I'm still amazed by what your body did."

You smiled, feeling his hand still rub circles on your back, while the other was wrapped around your waist.

"You grew a human in there, it's honestly pretty impressive."He tickled your sides, making you giggle before playfully slapping his chest.

"I was trying to fall asleep."You said, making him chuckle.

"Sorry, I won't do that again."He placed a kiss on top of your head and let you snuggle more into him."You can rest."

You smiled as you closed your eyes, quickly falling asleep, being exhausted. Tony couldn't help the smile forming on his face as he looked down at you, then at the crib. He had everything he ever wanted and it was even better than he thought. He was finally happy with his life.