Part 31

Later that day, you and Tony were supposed to pick up Maria from Savannah and Phoebe's place. Tony parked in front of the building and, as you were to enter the building, you bumped into someone on their way out.

"I'm so sorry-" You raised your gaze only to see a person you know a little too well.

"Y/N?" He asked, his eyes widening when he saw you.

"You... you... " You stuttered over your words when you saw him. It was your ex, Jacob. He was your first in every way. But, he cheated on you after two years of relationship and you quickly broke up with him. "What are you doing here?" You looked back, only to see Tony was locking the car and making his way towards you.

"I just moved in here. Do you live here too? We'll see each other all the time then. Maybe we can go out for coffee?"

He looked behind you, only to see Tony approaching you. He took off his sunglasses and glared at Jacob.

"Sorry, are we in your way?" Jacob asked, moving to grab your hand and move you out of the way when his hand stopped mid-air when he saw Tony wrapped an arm around your waist and pulled you closer to himself.

"Who is this?" He asked you.

"Tony, this is my ex boyfriend, Jacob."You tried to introduce them, but a giggle left your mouth when Tony pressed you against himself, making you feel his bulge. "Play nice."

"I, uh - hi." Jacob lent his hand out and Tony only looked down at it before raising an eyebrow.

"And Jacob, this is Tony. My boyfriend." You introduced Tony to Jacob, who looked surprised.

"Oh, wow." He mumbled out. "You're a lucky man."

"I know that." Tony said. "Is this the one that cheated on you?" He whispered in your ear and you nodded.

"So, how is it going?" Jacob asked."Between you two, I mean."Tony's glare was still present and Jacob looked quite threatened by him. "I mean you're her, what, second boyfriend, right? How is it going on with her? Or rather, in her?" He snickered, thinking his joke was funny, but after seeing that you didn't laugh his grin dropped.

In her? If the looks could kill, your ex would be dead by now. "Excellent. And after the first four inches, it was even better, right darling?"

"Oh yeah, definitely. It was like my first time." You agreed."If you don't mind, we gotta pick up our daughter."You pushed past him, with Tony staying behind to talk to him.

"Speak to her one more time and I will personally cut off your-"

"You coming, Tony?" Your voice interrupted him and he glared at Jacob once more before following after you.

As soon as the elevator closed, you both erupted into laughter.

When you returned home, you found that the team has returned from their mission as well. The atmosphere in the meeting room was far from a happy one. Wanda has just walked in behind you, wearing her regular clothes. Her eyes were red and it looked like she was crying. Steve was looking at the floor and Natasha, sat by his side, shared a look with you.

"What happened?" Tony asked.

"Have you seen the news?" Steve asked and you and Tony shared a look. You spent almost the whole day closed up in your bedroom, telling Friday that no one was allowed to disturb you.

"Not exactly. Why?"

"I screwed up." Wanda said. "Badly."

"It's on both of us." Steve said, but Wanda avoided his gaze.

"What happened?" You asked again and Wanda took the remote, turning the TV on and switched to the news, where you saw a building on fire. She shared a look with you before she left the room.