Part 36

A month passed since your fight with Tony. You were still staying at your apartment, not even thinking of returning to the Avengers facility just so Tony could see his daughter. If he wanted to see her, he had to come there. You got a new job, too, and tried to stay away as much as you could from Tony. However, today wasn't one of those days when you could just stay away from him.

You had an interview for a new job, and both Savannah and Phoebe couldn't babysit Maria just for a couple of hours, so you had to ask Tony. He was more than happy to spend time with her. You arrived to the facility, carrying Maria in your arms while walking into the living room where almost the whole team was gathered.

Natasha was the first to see you, a grin spreading across her face when she saw her favorite Stark. "Hi, honey!" She was quickly in front of you, taking Maria in her arms and kissing her cheek. "Y/N, how are you doing?"

"I'm great, thanks Nat. I'm here to drop Maria off. Where's Tony? I have to talk to him."You watched the team exchange glances and your eyebrows furrowed."What? Did I say something?"

"No." Steve spoke up. "It's just... uh... maybe it would be better if you waited for him here."

"Why?" You heard the elevator door opening and you turned around, seeing a girl walk out of it, followed by Tony, who had his arm wrapped around her waist. She had a grin on her face and you had to admit she looked good. She had long, brown hair and blue eyes, dressed in a crop top and a tiny skirt. You gulped when you saw them, your heart dropping when you realized he simply moved on, forgetting all about you. His head turned towards the team and he saw you, his own heart skipping a beat.

"Y/N." He greeted you, then you watched him mumble something to the girl and she walked off, but not before pressing a peck on his lips. His gaze immediately found Maria and he took her from Natasha.

"We'll leave you two alone." Natasha said before gesturing to the team to follow her, even though you wanted them to stay, not having enough strength to deal with Tony alone.

"When will you be back?" He asked, making you look at him.

"An hour at most. Why?"

"Uh... well, I've kinda got a date with Chloe."

"Oh." You said. "Well, can you take care of Maria?"

"Sorry, Y/N, but I have to get ready and-"

"Right." You mumbled out. "Well, don't bother." You said, taking Maria from his hands and moving to walk out.

"Y/N, come on, I didn't mean it like that." You heard him say after you walked out. You were walking towards the elevator when you heard the sound of footsteps coming from behind you.

"Y/N!" You recognized Steve's voice and turned around, seeing him approaching you. Tony was nowhere to be found, even though you expected him to at least come after you and offer to take care of his own child.

"Steve." You offered him a smile as you waited for him to approach you.

"Didn't you come here to-"

You quickly cut him off, nodding."I did. But Tony is busy with his new girl, even if he told me over the phone he wasn't, so we'll just go home."

"Nonsense." Steve quickly said. "I can take care of her while you finish your interview."

"No, it's fine." You said. "I'm late to the interview, anyway. It's fine. Thank you for the offer."

"I- I wanted to ask you something else." He said. "Uh..." As he scratched the back of his head, you took a moment to get a closer look at him. Steve grew a beard, and you thought he looked much better that way. Hotter, even. You raised an eyebrow at him, a smile on your face. "I was wondering if you're free tonight."

"Yes, I am. Why?"

"I was wondering if - if you wanted to go out with me for dinner."

"Oh." Your heart skipped a beat when you realized what he was asking you."Like out out?"

"Yes."He smiled at you. "What do you say?"

"I... " You licked over your lower lip, realizing you had to move on at some point. But, you never thought you would be going out with someone from Tony's team. "Actually, yes."

A grin spread over his face. "Perfect! I'll pick you up at 8 then."

"I'll be waiting." You flashed him a smile before stepping into the elevator.

As soon as you returned home, you placed Maria in her bed before you hurried into the bathroom, crouching down before the toilet and throwing up inside. A cramp spread through your stomach and you groaned as you got up, washing your mouth and looking at yourself in the mirror. You looked... well, tired was the best way to describe it. You couldn't help but think about Tony's new girl, and compare yourself to her.

You shook your head, removing the stained shirt (it was stained after Maria decided to eat her food with her hands and then touch you with them) and pants, deciding you'll have to shine for tonight's date.