Part 17

You were talking to Maria and Sam when, suddenly, Tony appeared by your side. Maria's gaze dropped to Tony's arm wrapping around your waist.

"Tony." You breathed out, slightly jumping in place when he just appeared out of nowhere.

"Sorry, sweetheart." He apologized, his thumb rubbing circles on your exposed skin.

"Stark." Maria nodded at him, then picked up her glass, taking a sip of the drink.

"Hill. I'm gonna steal Y/N from you guys for a bit." He said and pulled on your arm to make you follow him. You quickly did, and he brought you out to the balcony.

"Tony? Did something happen?"You asked and he turned his head from looking at the city to look at you.

"No, no, I just wanted to ask you something." Tony said.

"Oh. What is it?"

"Uh... " He scratched the back of his neck, looking around like he was nervous. "I was just wondering what you're doing tomorrow night."

"Tomorrow night? I don't-" You gasped when you realized why he was asking you this. "Wait, are you asking me out on a date?"

Tony raised an eyebrow. "Well? Are you gonna accept?"

"Yes!" You quickly said.

"Perfect then. I'll pick you up at 8."

When you two walked back in with huge grins on your faces, Natasha, Steve and Rhodey shared looks, all three feeling proud.

The following night, when you were walking down the stairs to where Tony was, his eyes couldn't focus on anything else but you. He couldn't move his eyes off you until you walked down the stairs and where he was stood, a grin on your face.

"Cat got your tongue?" You asked when you saw the way he kept staring at you.

Tony chuckled, shaking his head. "You look beautiful."

"Thank you. Shall we?" He offered you his arm and you wrapped your hand around it, letting him walk you to the door.

Only a few minutes later, you were in a restaurant with Tony. You didn't expect him to take you to one of the most expensive restaurants in the city. You looked out the window, while Tony kept looking at you the whole time.

"You've been quiet the whole evening." You noticed Tony's look on your face and you turned to look at him.

"I'm just admiring you." He replied and you let out a quiet laugh, your face warming up at his words.

"Really?"You asked, and Tony smiled as well.

"It's true, you look breathtaking." He said, then looked down at your plate."Are you and the baby hungry? I can-"

You smiled, placing a hand over his on the table. "We're fine, Tony." He relaxed back in his chair and met your gaze.

"You know, pregnancy looks good on you." He said.

"Well, I'm not complaining for now."You chuckled. "My skin is clear and my hair never looked better."

"Is that so?" Tony leaned forward, a smirk on his face. "If that's the case, I got plenty more of where that came from." He winked at you. "Just tell me and we can work on baby number two as soon as this one is born."

You smiled to yourself. "Let this one grow and then we can talk about baby number two." You winked back at him, taking a sip of your drink while maintaining eye contact.

"So, you're up for it?"Tony teased and you shook your head as you looked at him.

"Unbelieveable." You mumbled out with a grin on your face. "Did you know we can find out the gender the next appointment?"

"Really?"

"Yes, Helen said it. What do you think it will be?" You asked him, but he only shrugged.

"I don't care about the gender." You gave him a knowing look. "Fine. I guess I always wanted to have a little girl. And I have a feeling it's a girl."

"Well, you're wrong." You said. "I know it's a boy."

Tony's eyes narrowed. "How?"

"Call it a mom's intuition."

"Well, it must be wrong, because dad's intuition says it's a girl."

"Oh, really now?" You asked.

That simple question started an argument that lasted all the way back to Stark Tower. You two were arguing even in the car and it only continued as Tony walked you upstairs.

"You're wrong." Tony told you.

"No, you're wrong!"

"No, you are!"

"You'll see. Nat said she wants to organize the gender reveal."

Tony looked down at you as you stopped in front of your door. "Great. Then you can see you're wrong in front of the whole team." Tony said.

"We'll see who's wrong, Mr. Stark."You said, making Tony chuckle.

Suddenly, everything went quiet. Tony and you were the only people in the hallway. He looked down at you, meeting your gaze at first before he looked down to your lips.

Suddenly, there was the sound of loud thunder outside and you jumped out of your trance. Tony's eyes closed and he let out a breath before he opened his eyes.

"Well, thank you for the wonderful night, Tony." You said, reaching up to place a kiss on his cheek, just in the corner of his lips. Tony felt shivers travel down his spine when your lips barely brushed against his.

"We can always do it again." He said.

"Sure." You opened the door to your room before looking back at Tony once again. "Good night."

Tony stood in front of your door for a few more moments before a large grin appeared on his face and he walked back to his room.