Part 57

"Why are we here?" Maria asked, looking up at her father's company as he held her hand while they walked towards the building. Tony picked her up from school that day, and the girl was confused why he brought her there instead of home.

"I have something to finish really quickly." Tony started to explain. "I'm gonna leave you in my office and you're gonna be a good girl until I come back, and if you are, I'm taking you out for ice cream."

"There's this strawberry and chocolate ones I've wanted to try."

"Yeah, I'll buy you one."Tony dismissed her quickly, which made the six year old roll her eyes.

"Dad, I'm saying I want two ice creams."

Tony looked down at the girl, his eyes narrowing. "You want me to tell your mother about that?"

"It was your idea, do you want me to tell my mother about that?"The girl met his gaze and raised her eyebrow, the look reminding him of his own.

Tony let out a chuckle. "Alright. Truce. You get two ice creams, and we don't tell mom about this."

"I won't snitch if you won't."Maria nodded as they walked into the company.

Tony took her into his office and sat her on the chair behind his desk."Here. Behave." He told her before placing a kiss on top of her head.

"Can I play games on your computer?"

"If you have to. If you cause a blackout like the last time, I'll sell all your toys."

Maria rolled her eyes before typing in dress-up games. There was a knock on the door before Tony could leave, and they opened, revealing a black-haired girl. "Mr. Stark, the meeting is about to begin."

"I'll be right there. Quinn, you can look after my daughter for a bit, right?"

"Of course, boss." The young assistant nodded.

"Right. I'll be back in a few, alright, Princess?"

Maria nodded, her gaze focused on Quinn. As soon as Tony left, Maria focused on playing her games. Quinn sat on the chair across her and cleared her throat, which resulted in the girl ignoring her. A few minutes passed until Quinn decided to speak up, breaking the awkward silence.

"Uh... Maria, wasn't it?"

"Maria Natalie Stark." She replied, nodding her head. "My dad is your boss."

Quinn nodded her head, glancing towards the picture on Tony's table, taken only a few weeks ago of you two and the kids. "I know. How old are you?"

"Six." The girl said.

"Oh, wow! Do you go to school?"

Maria rolled her eyes at her dumb question. "Obviously."

Usually, Maria loved her father's assistants - like the previous one, Anne - but she didn't like this one, and she didn't know why. Just then, Tony walked in, and the girl got up while Maria watched her. She didn't like how she looked at her father, much less how she smiled and flirted with him.

When she walked out, Tony turned towards Maria, who exited the game and jumped off the chair. She walked past her father. "I'm telling mom about this." She mumbled out, making Tony's lips part in shock as he looked after the girl. Besides looking like him, the girl had his attitude, too, which made Tony roll his eyes before following her out of his office.

After Maria was satisfied with her ice creams, Tony took both of them home. He opened the car door for the girl before a smirk appeared on his face."First one to get to mom loves her more."

"Hey!" The girl said, running after her father. "That's not fair!"