Part 50

You breathed out, hand on your belly as you walked into the nursery. You found Tony trying to put the bed together for the baby, while Maria was standing beside him, a pacifier in her mouth, her brunette hair tied by Tony, and she was wearing a floral dress. She was watching what Tony was doing and listening as he explained it to her.

"See, I think this is the one." He told her and she nodded.

"What are you guys doing in here?"You asked.

Both of them snapped their heads towards you, then looked at each other. "Oh no, we've been caught."He told Maria, whose pacifier fell out of her mouth and almost hit the floor, if it had not been for Tony who caught it in his hand. She laughed at his reflexes before taking the pacifier back into her mouth.

"Is that a new bed, Tony?" You asked him and he scratched the back of his head before looking away from you.

"Uh - no?"

"Tony." You glared at him.

"Fine, it is." He said.

"Tony, I'm five days past my due date. You can't keep switching beds for the baby every week." You said, leaning against the doorway as you looked at them.

"Yes, but I feel this one is it! I've got that feeling." He said, making you raise an eyebrow.

"You said that for the last one, too."

"Yes, but this one is so much softer! And the baby will have more space."

"Yes, because a baby needs that much space." You rolled your eyes and crossed your arms. "Tony, I know you. You're gonna have the baby sleep in our bed anyway."

"I can't help it, honey." He sighed.

"Tony, you bought unnecessary stuff the last time, too, and we ended up not even using half of it with Maria."

"I know." He said. "But just feel it!" He pointed at the bed.

You breathed out and pushed off the doorway when you felt something wet gush out of you and down your legs, making you gasp. "Oh, fuck."

"No swearing in front of the child."Tony warned, not paying full attention to what was happening around him, too focused on explaining the reason for him buying the newest bed. "And are you quite sure you're satisfied with the wall color? I mean, I know we still have no idea if the baby is a girl or boy, but I told you I have a feeling it's a-"

"We need to go to the hospital." You interrupted him, making his eyebrows furrow.

"Why?"

"My water just broke." You told him, watching the horrified expression on his face when he turned around.

"What?"He followed your gaze to the floor. "Oh fuck... oh fuck. But the bed and the walls... "

"No problem, Anthony, the baby and I will wait until you put the bed together and paint the walls."

"Right." He said, looking down at Maria. "We'll drop her off at Rhodey's place? And I- you- we-" He kept turning around the room, looking lost.

"Tony. Tony. Calm down."

"I wasn't there for the last water breaking, I don't know the process, okay?!" He huffed out. "Do we have time to go to the hospital?"

"No, I was thinking of giving birth on this carpet."

"What?" Tony looked at you, completely confused, while you were calm.

"I'm kidding, Tony." You rolled your eyes, walking out of the room, while Tony followed you. "Oh God, I hate contractions. This is our last kid, just so you know."

"You sure?" He asked.

"Yes. I'm going on birth control again."You said, grabbing some clothes and walking to the bathroom."Actually no, I'm gonna get an IUD."

"IUD as a contraceptive?"

"No, I was thinking of wearing it as a fashion accessory." You rolled your eyes at him. "Go and get Maria ready. We have to take her to Rhodey's place."

a/n

votes on the baby's gender??