Part 52

Four months later

"Good morning!" Natasha sung, walking into the kitchen. She grabbed the sandwich you put out for her and kissed your cheek. "Thank you."

"See, we moved here to get away from the Avengers, but you guys just followed us here." You said, looking at Vision, who was trying to cook for Wanda, who sat on the kitchen counter. Peter, who was playing hide and seek with Maria, stopped sneaking around the kitchen and looked at you.

"You can't get rid of them, I tried it."Tony walked into the kitchen, placing a peck on your lips as he was working on the buttons on his sleeve.

"Do you have to go?"You asked him, a pout on your lips.

"I'll be back quickly, baby." He pouted as well, placing another peck on your lips. "Sorry. But I can't let Sydney do all the work alone."

"Sydney." You mocked, rolling your eyes at the mention of Tony's new assistant.

"Yes. Happy will bring my suits from dry cleaning today."He said. "Also, I turned on the washing machine for you."

You looked after him as he left the kitchen, your lips parted in shock. As soon as Tony left, you stormed off somewhere, making the team exchange confused glances. "What's wrong with her?"

"I have no idea." Wanda shrugged.

They could hear the noise coming from upstairs and looked at each other, before you walked in, carrying a basket with wet laundry. The team looked as you walked in, droplets of water dripping out of the laundry and onto the floor.

"What the hell..." Natasha mumbled out as you placed the basket on the dining table. "Are you okay, Y/N?"She reached out to the basket to see what was happening, but you slapped her hand away.

"Don't you dare touch this."You said."Isn't it suspicious?"

"What is?" Wanda asked, her eyebrows furrowing as she looked between you and the laundry.

"It's usually me who takes his clothes to dry cleaning and do all of the laundry, and... and-" Your eyes watered as you looked around. "Does this look suspicious or what?"

"Suspicious?" Peter asked.

"Suspicious how, if I may ask, Mrs. Stark?" Vision asked, making you look up at them.

"Does it look to you like he's hiding something?"You asked them, wiping the tears from the corner of your eyes.

"Like... what?"

"I don't know." You shrugged. "Maybe a shirt with a lipstick stain, or her earring, or... "

"So, you decided to search his clothes, I guess?"

"Well, I uh... I kind of put the washing machine apart to see if something got stuck in there, too, and now I don't know how to put it back together."

"I'll do it, Mrs. Stark!"Vision offered, walking through the wall.

"And did you find anything?"

"No." You frowned.

"Well, did you think that, maybe, Tony isn't cheating on you?" Natasha asked, patting your shoulder.

"I didn't say he's cheating. But, he's talking about this girl too much recently." You said, hands finding the basket again as you searched for his shirt and pulled out a white one, spotting a red stain on it."See? I knew it!"

You wiped your tears away, while Wanda and Peter exchanged glances.

"Could this be the, like, left-over pregnancy hormones? Is that even possible?"Peter whispered to Wanda.

"I don't think so, but some hormones are kicking her ass."Wanda said.

"That looks like a soup stain." Natasha tried to lighten up the mood, but you were already out of the house, on the way to your car.

You managed to sneak into Tony's office, but found it empty. As soon as you arrived, you looked over the papers on his desk, trying to find anything unusual. You heard the sound of high-heels approaching and you looked around in panic before hiding under the table. You pulled the chair back in place, biting on your tongue so you could stay quiet. You heard Tony's voice, along with a female one as they entered the office.

You tried to listen to what they were saying, but your eyes widened when footsteps approached the table, under which you were hiding. You placed a hand over your mouth, trying to keep the sounds in as Tony sat down on the chair.

"Will you come here tomorrow as well, sir?" The girl's young voice asked.

"No, I won't. I'm planning to spend the day with Y/N tomorrow on the yacht, but it's a surprise. Don't tell her about that." Under the table, you pouted, your heart beating faster. "So, reschedule all my meetings from tomorrow for next week."

"Of course, sir."She said.

You bit on your tongue again as they talked about the meetings for tomorrow. Your grip tightened on the white shirt with red stain, trying not to laugh as you prayed Tony would soon go away and you could leave the office without being seen.