Part 47

It was already late and you couldn't fall asleep at all. Next to you on the bed, Tony was sleeping, his arm wrapped around your body, resting on your stomach. You let out a breath and turned on your back, looking up at the ceiling. It felt like the night lasted forever. Your hand reached out to grab your phone from the nightstand, seeing it was close to 3 am.

"Tony." You poked his arm, but got no reaction. Turning around to face him, you poked his cheek and saw his eyebrows furrow. "Tony."

He opened his eyes, looking right at you. "What, baby?" He asked, rubbing his eyes. "Are you in pain?"

"No."

"Are you craving something? I can go to the store-"

"No, not really."

"What is it then?" He asked, wrapping an arm around you again and pulling your body closer to his. His hand came to rest on top of your ass. His eyes closed, while you ran your nails up and down his arm.

"I was just wondering something."

"Mm-hmm." Tony said, about to fall asleep again.

Your eyes narrowed at him, realizing he wasn't listening to you, and you decided to test him. "If I went to hook up with Steve now, would you have anything against it?"

Tony shook his head, eyes still closed."Just don't wake up Maria."His eyes opened when he felt a harsh slap on his arm. "What the-"

"You're not listening to me!"

"I was!"

"What did I say then?"

"Something about-" He sat up in bed, a concetrated look on his face as he tried to recall what you said. "I don't know, okay?"He breathed out."What did you say?"

"Forget about it." You tugged on the covers and turned your back to Tony, making him roll his eyes.

"You woke me up to tell me something and now you don't want to tell me?"He asked, staring at your back.

"That's right. Because you weren't listening." You replied, closing your eyes and placing a hand on top of your growing stomach.

Tony rolled his eyes once again before getting closer to you, placing a hand on top of yours on your stomach, while he kissed your neck. "I'm sorry, baby. I was just tired. But I'm listening now. What do you have to tell me?"

You grinned, turning on your back and looking up at him. "Would you still love me if I was a worm?"

You watched the smile disappear from his face.

He managed to change every possible reaction in the span of a few seconds.

"From the bottom of my heart, what the fuck, Y/N?" He asked.

"Is that yes or no?" You asked him, narrowing your eyes.

"You woke me up at... hold on." He reached for his phone to check the time.

"2:47."

"You woke me up at 2:47 to ask me if I would love you if you were a worm?"He asked again.

"That, and I couldn't sleep."You added, watching Tony let out a sigh before he sat up in bed, looking up at the ceiling. "So?"

"So what?"

"Would you still love me-"

"If you were a worm, right." He finished your sentence, wondering how he ended up in this moment."Yes, I would."

"Even if I was an ugly worm?"

"Yes, even if you were an ugly worm."He said. "Can I go to sleep now, or will you ask me if I would love you if you were a goat, or some other animal?"