Part 35

"Come on, darling." You placed the spoon in front of Maria's lips as she was sat in her chair, smearing a bit of porridge on her lips to make her taate it. "You love this one."

She opened her mouth and you breathed out in relief. She was finally getting better, and eating more as well.

Just as she was halfway done, you heard the doorbell ring and you sighed, placing the plate on the table before going to open the door. You found Savannah, with multiple bags in her hands. You let her in and she began organizing your groceries while you fed Maria. Only a few moments later, the doorbell rang again. You got up to open the door, only to find Tony in front of the door. He was carrying a bouquet of red roses in one hand, while he had bags in his other.

"What do you want?"You asked him.

"I, uh-" He bit on his lip and glanced at the floor before looking at you."I came to apologize."

"We have nothing to talk about."You shortly said. "You already told me what you think."

"You know I didn't mean that. I was just frustrated and -" You raised an eyebrow at him and he let out a breath. "And that's not an excuse. I know. I just wanted you to know that's not what I think of you."

"Look, I don't have the energy to do this again."

"Can we talk? Please?"

You bit on the inside of your cheek, thinking for a moment before you walked away from the door, leaving them open for him to come in. He did, quickly. You stuffed another spoon of porridge in Maria's mouth before looking at Savannah."Can you take over for a moment?"

She stopped glaring at Tony only to nod at you. "Sure."

You took Tony into the bedroom, where you were still in the process of placing your clothes back into your closet. Tony watched you walk to the pile of clothes on bed. You started folding the shirts as he cleared his throat. "I-I'm sorry. For everything."

"Okay." You nodded.

"That-" He furrowed his eyebrows."That's it?"

"What do you expect me to say?" You glanced at him before grabbing a hanger and placing your dress on it.

"I didn't mean that. It just came out. I would never even think that." Tony said. He glanced down at the roses in his hand. "Those are for you. And this... " He placed the bags on the bed."I got this from the pharmacy. For Maria, uh... some medicine to help her."

"Too late." You told him, moving past him to place the clothes in the closet."She's already feeling better."

Tony bit on his lip and shook his head."You're not coming back, are you?"

"No." You said, finally meeting his gaze."But, unlike someone in this room, I would never take Maria away from you. You can see her whenever you want."

Tony nodded his head and placed his hands in his pockets before meeting your gaze again. "I would never take her away from you, you know? I'm not that cruel."

"I don't know." You shrugged. "You can go see her, if you want, instead of losing time on me." You suggested, gesturing at the door. "Before I have to give her a bath and then it's nap time."

"Okay." He nodded before leaving. You breathed out, giving up on sorting the clothes. Already feeling a headache, you took a pill before making your way to the bathroom to adjust the water and prepare everything for Maria, before making your way to the kitchen.

Tony was holding Maria, kissing her cheeks as she giggled. You leaned on the doorway, noticing Savannah glaring at him from the table. You tried not to let out a laugh when you saw her. "Uh... I need to take her, sorry."

"Of course." Tony said, walking up to you and kissing Maria's cheek for the last time. "Daddy's gonna miss you."

"I told you you can come visit her anytime you want." You told him, trying to avoid his gaze and instead focusing on the baby in your hands.

"Yeah, I will." He said.

"You can find your own way out."Savannah told him.

"Right. Bye, sweetie." He told Maria before looking at you and offering you a small smile, which you did not return.