Part 34

Tony slowly distanced himself from you over the following days. He spent the days in the lab, even more than he did before. You understood him, it was hard enough knowing how his parents were killed, but living with the man who killed them... you couldn't even imagine it. Even if it was the controlled Winter Soldier who did it, the killer had Bucky's face.

That day, you were under stress with everything that was happening and the fact that Maria was sick and, as if she could tell you weren't your usual self, she was crying the whole morning.

Tony walked inside her room as you were rocking her in your arms. "Why is she screaming? I can almost hear her all the way down to the lab."

"She's sick." You told Tony. "And maybe if you helped me out, she wouldn't be crying. In case you forgot, she's your daughter, too."

"Then take her to a doctor. Maybe she won't be crying then."

"I already did. But how would you know? You're closed in the lab for days already."

"Y/N, you know what I'm going through-"

"Yes, I do know! It doesn't mean you should ignore your daughter and me for the rest of your life."

"I'm not ignoring you!" He raised his voice while following you around the room, making Maria cry even louder.

"Then what are you doing? Because everybody else on the team came here to ask if we need help, but you decided to listen to her cry the whole morning and not do anything about it!"

"I'm-"

"Spare me of your excuses, please."You breathed out. "I'm exhausted."

"Sure, why don't you make everything about you?" He asked, approaching you and trying to take Maria, but she only clung to you tighter.

"How am I making everything about me?" You raised your voice as well."I-I can't listen to this anymore."

"You can't even get her to stop crying-"

"Are you insinuating I'm a bad mother? Seriously, Tony?"

"I-"

"You know what?"You asked, opening the closet and grabbing a bag. "We're going away, and you can think whether you want the lab, or us."

Tony's eyes widened and he looked alarmed. "Where do you think you're going?"

"Home."

"This is your home."

"No, it's clearly not." You said, stuffing her diapers inside. "I told you to choose what you want."

"You're seriously not making me choose-"

"Yes, yes I am." You told him, moving to get past him and get to your own closet before you pulled out another bag. He followed after you, looking lost.

"You can't take her." He told you.

"Well, I saw the way you would care about her. So, I'm taking her."

"No, you can't."He told you."You do know I have the money to get her back?"

You looked at him in disbelief before zipping up your bag. "Try and do that. See what happens."

You pushed past him and out of the room, running into Rhodey. "Wow, where are you off to with the bag?"

"I'm leaving. Can you grab the other one for me from Maria's room?"

"Of course." He said, looking back at Tony who was only looking at you, his hands in his pockets. Rhodey understood what was happening between you and Tony, a knowing look on his face. "Do you need me to take you somewhere?"

"Please." You breathed out.

"Y/N, I-" Tony spoke. "I didn't mean that. You have to understand me."

"I understand you very well, Tony. But you don't even try to understand me."

Rhodey took you to your apartment that day and you put Maria to sleep before you closed yourself in your room and let all your emotions, stress and frustrations out as you played the fight over and over again in your head.