Part 42

When you were cleared to go home, Tony and Natasha were there to take you and help you with what you needed. Tony helped you lie down on your bed, a small whimper of pain leaving your mouth as you finally laid down.

"You okay?" Tony asked, adjusting the covers around you.

"Yeah. I'm fine." You replied, just as Savannah walked in, carrying a plate with soup for you.

"Here we go, your favorite." She told you, but only the smell of it made you nauseous. She frowned when you shook your head. "What? It's your favorite."

"I don't like it." You said.

"It's making you nauseous, isn't it?"She asked and you nodded."Alright, I'll bring you something else."

She walked out, passing by Phoebe who was carrying Maria, a large grin on her face. "Look who's here."

"My baby!" You took her into your hands, as Tony watched over what you were doing, his eyebrows furrowing.

"Are you sure you should be holding her so soon?" He asked as you kissed Maria's cheek.

"I don't know." You told him. "I just know I missed her."

Maria's gaze landed on Tony and she offered him a grin. Tony, who was about to say something, forgot all about it as soon as he saw her. He smiled at her and placed a kiss on her cheek.

"I'll give you guys some time alone."Phoebe said, walking out of the room as yours and Tony's gazes met.

"I'm sorry for yesterday."Tony said, interrupting the silence in the room.

"Are you?" You asked him, focusing your gaze on Maria, who babbled something to Tony, who let his palms out for her to hit with her small fist.

"I am. After you left, I calmed down and... And you were right. It's not my business anymore." He said, looking down to Maria who was saying something that sounded like dada.

"Then why were you acting as if it is?"You asked him.

"Because... I was angry." You raised your head to look at him. "I was angry because -" He took a breath before speaking again. "I can't help, but imagine you with another man and it's driving me crazy. Just picturing you kissing and touching another man that's not me. I want you. And I want that man to be me. I don't want to lose you, Y/N."

You licked over your lip as you tried to process his words. "What about Chloe?"

Tony let out a breath and looked down at the floor. "Well... she's just... I did-" He tried to think of what to say without revealing his true intention to you. "Shit."

"Shit." A small voice repeated after him and you both looked at Maria, a gasp leaving your lips when you realized it was her who said it.

"Anthony! Did our daughter just say what I think she did?"

"No! That's a no-no word." Tony took Maria into his lap, trying to explain it to her, but she just looked up at him and she giggled.

"Shit." She said again and Tony looked at you.

"That's your fault, you know?" You asked him, trying to look mad, but you couldn't help it with the way they both looked at you. You let out a laugh and Tony laughed along with you.

"I've missed your laugh."He said.

"Don't start now... " You were interrupted when the door opened, and you saw Natasha, leaning against the doorway as Steve walked into the room.

"You've got a visit." She told you, crossing her arms under her chest as she watched you smile at Steve, while Tony's smile dropped. Her eyes kept going between the three of you and Tony abruptly stood up when Steve kissed your cheek, placing a bouquet of red roses on your night stand.

"I came here as soon as Nat told us."Steve said.

Tony, who couldn't bear to watch it anymore, picked Maria up in his arms and walked out with her, passing by Natasha. You followed him with your gaze, feeling your heart break when you saw how sad he looked.

"Damn Rogers."He said as he walked into the kitchen. "Your mom doesn't even like red roses. She likes tulips more, right?" He asked her, looking around the kitchen, but the only thing he could see were grapes. "Does your mother eat anything other than grapes?" It took him a moment to realize it was what the baby was craving. His lips curved into a smile as he carried Maria into her room and picked out a jacket. "We're gonna buy something to eat, aren't we sweetie?"

When Tony returned to the apartment an hour later, carrying Maria's car seat and the bags in other hand, he found Natasha was still in the apartment. "You're still here?" He asked, placing the bags on the counter, while Natasha took her jacket.

"I have to go now, but I'll be back tonight. Y/N just ate." She told Tony.

"Is Rogers gone?"

"He left ten minutes ago." Natasha told him, trying not to laugh at his jealousy.

"And did Y/N get up at all?"

"Nope, she's in bed. Can I leave now, boss, or you got more questions?" She joked, blowing a kiss to Maria.

"Just go." Tony sighed as he tried to organize the food into the fridge and cupboards.

"Thank you."

When Tony walked into your bedroom again, it was with a plate of grapes. You sat up in bed and looked at him, confused. "You're still here?"

"Yes. Somebody needs to take care of you and Maria, considering you can't get up." He said, handing you the plate, making you even more confused.

"How did you know?"You asked, looking at the grapes.

"I figured." He said. "Eat up."

"Thank you." You told him, stuffing one grape into your mouth and almost moaning at the taste. You looked at him, noticing how his gaze was fixated on your stomach. "What?"

"Do you think it's a boy or girl?" He asked, making you shrug.

"I don't really care. If we keep it, all I want is a healthy baby."You replied.

"Did you tell Cap you're pregnant?"He asked and you nodded." What did he say?"

You shrugged as you took another grape. "He thought we're back together, so I told him we're not. We talked. And it's all good now." You said just when the sound of doorbell rang out through the apartment.

"Are you expecting someone?" Tony asked you and you shook your head.

"No. Can you check, please?" You asked him and he immediately got up. When he opened the door, he found no one other than Bucky Barnes waiting. Bucky looked confused when he saw Tony there.

"What are you doing here?" Bucky asked, looking to the number on the door, thinking he got the wrong apartment.

"No, what are you doing here?" Tony asked.

"I'm here to see Y/N." Bucky said. "Can I come in?"

By now, Tony couldn't contain his jealousy. It was very obviously showing, but he had no choice but to step aside and let Bucky into the apartment.