Part 25

"Just breathe."Savannah reminded you as you were allowed to take a break from pushing.

"That's what I've been doing the whole time, you-"

"Okay!"Savannah interrupted you before you could insult her, or the nurses and doctor in the room.

You took a sharp breath as you felt the urge to push once again. Your eyes squeezed shut and you squeezed Savannah's hand in yours. The door opened and Maria walked in, phone in her hand. "They're on their way back."

"HE BETTER GET HERE QUICKLY OR I WILL CUT OFF HIS-"

"You can stop pushing."The voice of the midwife interrupted you and you fell back against the bed, trying to catch your breath.

"I can't do this, I've been pushing for... for how long already?" You looked to Savannah, who gave you a cup with water.

"Two hours."She replied, wiping the sweat and tears from your face.

"Two hours!" You looked back to Maria. "And she got stuck in my body!"

"I know, I know."Maria replied."I'll call them again."

You squeezed Savannah's hand once again as you started to push.

Some time later, just as the baby was finally on her way out, the door burst open and Tony rushed inside. "I'm here, I'm here, sweetheart."He took your other hand and placed a kiss on it.

"Oh, you're going to pay for this. I'll kill you."You breathed out when you were taking a break from pushing.

"I know, I'm so sorry. We were a bit busy. Saving the world, you know."

The door opened again and you turned, only to see the rest of the team.

"We thought it was over!" Natasha's eyes widened. She couldn't see anything that was happening, because your lower half was hidden from their view, and she was thankful for it.

"It's clearly not!" You screamed at her as a burning feeling spread through your body.

"I can see the head!" Steve, who was just outside the room, could hear the midwife announce and he suddenly felt like fainting.

You heard the sound of something falling and the door slammed closed.

"What was that?"

"Cap fainted. Just keep pushing, sweetheart."Tony kissed your hand again and, as you screamed in pain, the baby made its way out and you finally felt relieved.

"Thank God."You breathed out, hearing the baby cry.

She was placed on your chest and you looked down at her as she calmed down from the skin-to-skin contact with her mother.

"She's beautiful."Tony whispered out, his eyes watering as he looked at her. He allowed his tears to fall as the baby wrapped her small hand around Tony's finger.

"She is."You wiped off the tear from your cheek.

The nurses took her away to examine and clean her. Soon, the doctor left you to rest, as well.

When the baby was brought back, you had already rested enough. The nurse placed her in your arms and you finally got a better look at your daughter.

"She's perfect."You said, looking at Tony, who sat by your side on the bed.

Tony scoffed."Of course she is. She's a Stark."

"Do you want to hold her?" You asked.

"Me? Are you sure?"

"Of course I am. Here, just place your arm here."You gently placed her in his arms and adjusted them. She stirred a little, but didn't wake up. Tony started gently rocking her and placed a kiss on her hand.

"Knock, knock." The door opened slowly and Natasha peeked her head inside.

"Nat, come in."You grinned when you saw her. Natasha stepped inside and closed the door behind her.

"That's her?" She whispered out. Her tone and the expression on her face were much kinder and softer than when she spoke to anyone else. "Oh my God."She added in a whisper as she looked at her over Tony's shoulder. The small baby opened her eyes and you almost melted when you saw her eyes."Auntie Nat killed the man who tried to kill you."She grinned at the baby."Yes, she did."

You and Tony shared a look.

"What?"

"Should you be telling her this?" Tony asked.

"Well, he stabbed her mother and tried to kill both of them. Wanda told me who he is, and I found him and stabbed him, too. Don't worry, I made sure he's dead."Natasha told the baby, whose lips curved into a smile, like she understood her. "I'm gonna teach you how to defend yourself when you're older."

Tony looked at you in horror."Well, at least we know who's not gonna babysit her."

name suggestions?