Part 37

When Savannah and Phoebe arrived to your apartment, they found you wrapped up in a robe, a towel on your head, wrapped around your hair. You let them both in. "Thank you guys. Seriously."

"It's no problem." Savannah said."She's my favorite niece."

"She's also your only niece." You told her. "I have somewhere to be tonight, so that's why I called you."

"You don't work night shifts, as far as I know." Phoebe said, then watched as you avoided gazes of both of them, looking at the floor.

"It's not exactly because of work."

"What is it then?" Savannah asked you, confused, while Phoebe gasped in realization.

"Don't tell me you have a date!"She said, slapping your hand and you winced.

"I do."

"With who?" Savannah asked. "Don't tell me it's with that spoiled billionaire who acts like a child-"

"No, no it's not with Tony." You said.

"Thank God." Savannah said. "Who is it then?"

"Uh... Steve."

Phoebe gasped again, slapping your hand once again. "His best friend?"

"They're not exactly best friends." You said.

"Whatever. I like that. We'll have to get you ready right now." She pulled your hand and took you to your bedroom while Savannah followed behind. Maria slowly walked into the room, looking confused with all the shouting, leaning on the door as she stared at you three.

"I have the perfect dress for you to impress our dearest Captain America." Phoebe said. "And we'll take Maria for the night, just in case."

"Nothing will happen, Phoebe. It's just a date." You told her, feeling embarrassed already as she forced you to sit in a chair.

It didn't take them long to get your makeup and hair ready for the date

It didn't take them long to get your makeup and hair ready for the date. When Steve came to pick you up, it was an understatement to say he was absolutely lost for words.

You ate dinner in one of the most expensive restaurants in New York. Steve had really gone all out for tonight and was absolutely wonderful and respectful to you. He even walked you all the way to your door when the date was finished. "I had a great time tonight."You told him, your hand dropping from his as you turned around to face him, a smile on your face.

"I did, too. I hope we can repeat it, though." He said, leaning against the wall as he looked you up and down.

"Already planning a second time?"You chuckled.

"Can you blame me?" You laughed at his answer and placed a strand of your hair behind your ear.

"Text me, then. We can make a deal, maybe." You told him.

He pushed himself off the wall and approached you. "Did I tell you you look beautiful tonight?"

"Yes. A couple of times." You told him, looking up at him, only to find him looking down at your smaller figure. His hand came up to rest on your cheek and your breathing stopped as his lips lowered and kissed yours. It didn't last for long, because he quickly pulled away.

"I-I'm sorry, Y/N. I don't know what came over me." He quickly apologized while you placed your hands on his face and pulled him back down into another kiss. His soft lips quickly kissed yours and you felt his beard scratching your face, but you didn't care. You only pulled away when you both needed air and you wiped your lipstick from the corner of his lips with your finger.

"Was that your first kiss since the 40s?" You asked him, making him smile.

"Teechnically, it's my second." He replied. "But I like this one more."

"I'm glad." You laughed. "I'll see you then?"

"Definitely."

You couldn't wait to finally go into the bathroom. You pulled open a cupboard and grabbed a box from it and your pills before you sat down on the toilet. You stared at the plan B pills and at the one you missed, just after you and Tony had sex the last time. You took the box that had a pregnancy test inside of it, praying to God you were just being paranoid and that you just misunderstood all of the signs. However, once you peed on the stick and washed your hands before you sat down on the toilet, you opened your period tracking app and realized you were late. You almost slapped yourself, but still you were holding onto the hope you weren't pregnant. Not again.

You took off your makeup and changed into comfy clothes just as the alarm rang out. You took a deep breath before taking the test into your hands and seeing two pink lines. Your heart dropped to your stomach as you realized what it meant. You walked out of the bathroom with the test in your hands and sat down on the bed, tears pooling in your eyes as you realized you had to go through this all alone.