Part 4

Just like he said, Tony took you to your apartment and carried your things upstairs for you

Just like he said, Tony took you to your apartment and carried your things upstairs for you. He placed the bags on the table and looked at you.

"Thank you." You smiled at him.

"It's the least I can do." You saw him smile at you, even though he still seemed distant somehow. He still couldn't believe you really were carrying his child."Here, give me your number."He handed you his phone and you quickly typed in your number before you gave the phone back to Tony. He then proceeded to call you, so you had his number as well. "If you need anything, call me right away. No matter what it is."

You nodded.

"Right." Tony said, looking around the apartment as he placed his hands in his pockets. "I'll go then, leave you to rest."

"Wait!" You said, stopping him from turning around. He looked at you in question. He watched as you took one of the pictures from the ultrasound and handed it to Tony. "You should have this."

He stared down at the small dot on the ultrasound, trying to say something to you, but he was at a loss for words. "Thank you." You nodded your head with a small smile.

When Tony sat down in his car a few minutes later, he still couldn't let go of the ultrasound picture. The small dot that would grow up to be his child, the one he always thought he would have with Pepper. However, life took a drastic turn again and showed him just how wrong he was. He sighed before he pulled out a small box from his pocket and opened it.

He saw an engagement ring inside, the one he was planning to give Pepper when he asks her to marry him. He kept looking between the ring and the picture. He knew he had to decide between the two. Pepper would probably leave him again if she found out about this.

He sighed and placed the ring back in his pocket. The ring and the proposal could wait until Tony decided he was certain about it. He thought he would solve the problems in his relationship with Pepper by asking her to marry him. Now, it was clear to him he would just get both, Pepper and himself, in more problems.

This situation made him realize a relationship couldn't be saved by marriage.

Some time later, Phoebe and Savannah returned home to find you making yourself a sandwich.

They shared confused looks before approaching you. "Y/N? Did you and Tony talk?" Savannah asked.

"Yes, we did."

"So, what happened? Did he ask you to... " Phoebe trailed off, but you knew what she meant.

"No, he did not ask me to abort it."You replied and turned around to look at the two of them. "He asked me to keep it."

You saw them look at you in surprise, the fact obviously shocking them both. They expected you and Tony to fight about this, judging by how angry he looked, but they definitely did not expect him to ask you to keep the child.

"So... are you going to keep it?"

"I don't know yet." You replied and grabbed the plate before making your way into the living room.

Tony made his way into the Avengers Tower and was met with a very angry looking Clint Barton.

"Stark!" Tony stopped in his tracks when he heard Steve Rogers call for him.

"What?" He turned around to face the blonde guy.

"Why did you leave Clint in the hospital? You were supposed to wait for him until the doctors-"

"I know, I know." Tony interrupted him, already getting a headache when Steve started to speak.

"Then why did you leave?" Steve asked.

"Something came up." Tony replied."And no, I'm not going to tell you what it is. So, leave me alone."

"It's fine, Cap." Clint told Steve, who stepped down and let Tony walk to the elevator, disappearing from their view.

"He seems... weird." Steve noticed, looking down the hall where Tony disappeared. "He's hiding something."

"I don't think that has something to do with us." Natasha said. "So, let's keep out of his business. He already looks worried enough."

They all nodded before they left to continue their work.