ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟙 :

"Kill us faster?! Oh, now I can relax!" Ron exclaimed.

"Just trust me, Ron!" Lilac yelled out, this shocked the other two.

Harry looked at Hermione to watch her slowly fall down out of it. Harry quickly does the same, falling down to where Hermione was. "Hermione! Harry!" Ron yelled out. "Ron, you need to relax!" Hermione called out. "Ron, I know I'm in Slytherin... and I know my house always gives the bad rep... but trust me this once. Please... Relax." Lilac said, looking at him before relaxing. She fell down with Hermione and Harry.

"He's not going to relax." Harry said. Lilac nodded, getting her wand out. "HELP!" Ron yelled out. Hermione started to think about Devil's Snare. "We've got to do something." Hermione said. "I know." She said softly. "I remember reading something in Herbology." Hermione said. "HELP!!" Ron exclaimed again. "I can do a spell once you find out what it is." Lilac said.

"Um. Devil's Snare, Devil's Snare. It's deadly fun... but will sulk in the sun! That's it! Devil's Snare hates sunlight!" Hermione said, looking at Lilac. Lilac smiled and nodded, "Lumus Solem!" Lilac exclaimed. A beam of light shoots out, the Snare shrieks and roils. Ron falls down with the others. "You okay?" Harry said. "Yeah." Ron said. "Lucky, Hermione paid attention in Herbology." Lilac commented. There was a noise which sounded like wings flapping. "What is that?" Hermione asked. "I don't know. Sounds like wings." Harry said.

They slowly walked into the room to see golden "birds" (yes, totally birds) "Curious. I've never seen birds like these." Hermione said. Lilac giggled softly, "They're not birds, they're keys. And I'll bet one of them fits that door." Lilac said before seeing the broomstick, suspended in the air.

"What's this all about?" Hermione asked. "I don't know. Strange." Harry said. Ron tried to unlock the door with magic, it didn't work. "There's a key we need to get so we can move on." Lilac said softly. "There's like 1000 keys up there!" Hermione said. "We're looking for a big old fashioned one. Probably rusty like the handle." Ron said. "There! I see it! The one with the broken wing!" Harry said as he points towards it. "You go ahead." Lilac motioned towards the broomstick. "It's too simple." Harry said. "Oh, go on, Harry! If Snape can catch it on that old broomstick, you can! You're the youngest seeker in a century! Besides! What about Sunflower and Songbird! They need us! Especially you!" Ron said. Lilac nodded as Harry walked towards her.

"You do it, Lilac. You are the best chaser there is out there." Harry said. "Harry, you do it. Youngest and best seeker, you go after a small golden snitch. A key is nothing." Lilac said. Harry nods and grabbed the broom. All the keys suddenly go in one direction... Right at Harry. He climbs onto the broom before swiping at them. "This complicates things a bit." Ron said. Harry pushes off into the air. He flies to find that one old key, before the others get to him. "Catch the key!" Harry exclaimed.

He zoomed by and throws the key towards Lilac, who catches it and heads for the lock. Lilac unlocks the door while Harry distracts the other keys. "Hurry up!" Ron calls out. The door opens up, the three rush through, waiting for Harry to follow. They shut the door just for the keys to slam into it.

They enter a dark room with broken pieces all over. "I don't like this. I don't like this at all." Hermione said. "Where are we? A graveyard?" Harry asked. As they walked towards a giant chessboard. "This is no graveyard. It's a chessboard." Ron said. Lilac glanced at the pieces. "There's the door!" Harry exclaimed. They tried to pass but the pieces blocked the path. "Now what do we do?" Hermione asked. "It's obvious, isn't it? We've got to play our way across the room. All right. Harry, you take the Bishop's square. Hermione, you'll be the queen. As for me, I'll be the knight." Ron said. Lilac looked at Ron, "And what about me?" She asked. "You will be the gamemaster. The one to call out the moves." Ron said. "I don't know how to play." Lilac said softly/ "You'll repeat things I tell you." Ron said as all of them take their places. "What happens now?" Hermione said.

"Well, white moves first, and then... We play." Ron said. A pawn from the white moves forward, Ron studies the board. "Ron, you don't suppose this is going to be like... real wizard's chess, do you?" Hermione asked. "Move a random pawn." Ron said. "Umm... D-5!" Lilac called out. The pawn moved forward, diagonal to the white pawn. The white pawn raises its sword and smashes the black one. The three of them jump, Lilac looked worried. "Yes, Hermione. I think this is going to be exactly like wizard's chess." Ron said.

The game continued on, Ron telling Lilac where the pawns would go. Pieces going flying places, all of them continuing the game. "Castle to E-4." Lilac said. There went another piece... "Pawn to C-3!" Lilac said again. Smash! The Queen turns and smashes another piece. All of them wincing. Lilac looking and studying the board along with the others. "Wait a minute." Harry said softly.

"You understand right, Harry. Once I make my move, the Queen will take me... then you'll be free to check the King." Ron explained. "No! Ron! No!" Harry cried out. "What is it?" Hermione asked. "He's going to sacrifice himself..." Lilac said, realizing what he was doing. "No, Ron, you can't!" Hermione said. "There must be another way!" Hermione exclaimed. Ron turned towards Hermione. "Do you want to stop Snape or not. Harry, Lilac, it's you that has to go on. Not me, not Hermione. You." Ron said before nodding towards Lilac. "Knight... Knight to H-3." Lilac said. Ron's horse moves forwards before stopping. "Check." Lilac said. The Queen turned and advanced to where Ron was. The Queen stops before smash. Ron goes flying off the horse, to the floor, unconscious. "Ron!" Harry said. Hermione tried to walk towards Ron. "NO! Don't move! We're still playing." Lilac said before nodding towards Harry. Hermione stops moving, Harry walks diagonal to in front of the King. "Checkmate." Lilac and Harry said in unison. The King's sword falls onto the ground, victory. Hermione and Harry runs towards Ron to check on him. Lilac waits at the door for Harry. This was it...

"Take care of Ron. Then, go to the owlery. Send a message to Dumbledore. Ron's right..." Harry said.

"You'll be okay, Harry. You both are great wizards." Hermione said softly.

"Not as good as you and Lilac." Harry said before glancing at Lilac.

"Me? Books and cleverness? There are more important things. Friendship and bravery. And Harry... Just be careful." Hermione said