ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟛:

Slytherin snatches the Quaffle and rushes en masse towards Gryffindor's end, weaving and passing with wicked skill. Just when it appears it will clear the hoop, Ron streaks out of nowhere and sends the Quaffle screaming in the opposite direction. Lilac glanced towards Ron, shocked he was doing so well. Ginny pauses on her broom, stunned, "What's gotten into him?" Ginny asked. She glances up at Harry, circling high above and he grins towards her. Dean streaks by, "Ginny! Let's go!" He exclaims. Instantly, she rolls backward, jetting off and races down the field with other Chasers. Dean was flying on the far wing, the Quaffle lands into Ginny's hand. Pitching herself into a wide slide to avoid a pair of whistling bludgers, she leans recklessly off her broom, whipping the Quaffle through the goal untouched. The crowd screams, Harry eyes the Gryffindor section, where Luna's lion hat roars. Lavender claps for Ron while Hermione sits with her arms crossed, a look of supreme annoyance on her face. Harry grins, as he jets pass Lilac. Quidditch was her life... Her hope...

Luna Lovegood was decked out in a set of spangled silver robes meanwhile, Harry looked basic. Strains of Christmas music and red lanterns lit their path. "I've never been to this part of the castle. At least not while awake... I sleepwalk, you see. It's why I wear shoes to bed." Luna spoke. The two pass out of sight, Draco and Lilac sitting near the window. Draco watches them go on. The birdcage glimmers dully in the moonlight streaming through the window. Within the cage, two birds huddle quietly. "Draco, I'm going to go into the party... Just don't get caught." Lilac whispers before walking off.

Flash! The camera pops, Harry smiles with Slughorn as the photographer takes the photo. The ceiling and walls are draped with hanging of emeralds, crimson and golds. The room felt like a tent or inside of a gift box. It is loud and packed with people. "Thank you, Adrian!" Slughorn spoke before whispering to Harry, "One of mine. Class of '78. I had hoped for more out of him, but at least the pictures are in focus... Oh my! Excuse me, Harry. I must greet the new Minister of Magical Transportation. Class of '67." Slughorn walks off, Lilac walks over towards him. "I take it that Dumbledore told you to let Slughorn collect you." Lilac spoke softly. "Drink?" Neville questioned. Harry and Lilac turn to find Neville standing with a tray. "Neville?" Harry asks. "I didn't make the cut for the Slug Club. It's okay. He's got Belby handing out towels in the loo." Neville spoke. Neville turns away, Harry notices a pair of girl's feet protruding from beneath a crimson hanging.

His gaze rises, finding Hermione peeking out. As he moves off, we see Luna talking to a small, stout bespectacled man. Lilac walks off to talk with some other students from different classes. "What're you doing?" Harry asks Hermione, she yelps, turning around. She pulls Harry behind the handing, her hair is slightly askew, her lipstick a bit blurry. "And what's happened to you?" Harry questioned. "Hm? Oh.. I've just escaped- I mean... I left Cormac. Under the mistletoe." Hermione said. "Cormac! That's who you invited!" Harry spoke, shocked at the whole thing. "I thought it would annoy Ron most. But he's a menace. He's got more tentacles than a Snarfalump plant." Hermione explains. "Dragon tartar?" Waiter questions them.

They turn, finding the waiter peeking in, tray in hand. "No thank you." Hermione spoke. "Just as well. They give one horribly bad breath." The waiter told Hermione, she grabs the tray, "On second thought- maybe it'll keep Cormac at bay. Oh no... Here he comes!" Hermione spoke. Hermione pops two of the Dragon blobs into her mouth, shoving the tray into Harry's hand.

Snape looks bored, standing on the periphery of a conversation, when he sees Hermione exit one side of the hanging. Cormac enters the other side. Lilac sighs as she watches, she walks towards a table. "I think she went to powder her nose." Harry told Cormac. Harry looks past Cormac's shoulder, out past the hanging and sees Slughorn laughing with a guest. Cormac plucks a Dragon blob off the tray in Harry's hand, pops it. "Slippery little minx, your friend. Likes to work her mouth too, doesn't she? Yak yak. What's this I'm eating, by the way?" Cormac rants off. "Dragon balls." Harry deadpans. Cormac's face freezes, Harry starts to head towards Slughorn when the Hanging is sweep aside.

Professor Snape.

"What's going on back here?" He questions. Cormac spews raw dragon all over Snape's shoes. Snape surveys the damage, then his eyes rise darkly. "You've just bought yourself a month's detention, McLaggen." Snape spoke. McLaggen dashes off, Harry tries to follow behind. "Not so quick, Potter." Snape snaps. "I think I should rejoin the party, sir. My date..." Harry tries to speak but Snape interrupts. "Can surely survive your absence for another minute or two. Besides, I only wish to convey a message." Snape said. Lilac watches Snape talk with Harry. "A message..?" Harry questions him. "From Professor Dumbledore. He asked that I give you his best and that he hopes you enjoy your holiday. You see, he's traveling and won't return until term resumes." Snape said.

"Traveling? Where?" Harry questions. Snape merely stares at Harry silently, briefly before exiting. Slughorn once again, wildly gestures with a full glass of wine. "Take your hands off me, you filthy squib!" Draco exclaims. Lilac sat up, looking towards Draco seeing him there. A frown overtakes Slughorn's face and he turns towards the source of the commotion. Harry emerges from the hanging, finding Draco in Filch's rough grip. "Professor Slughorn, sir! I've just discovered this boy lurking in an upstairs corridor. He claims to have been invited to your party." Filch spoke. Lilac rushes over with a smile, "Draco. You arrived late." Lilac said with a smile. "Sorry about him." Lilac spoke towards Slughorn. "I'll escort him out." Snape said. Draco's eyes shift, regarding Snape. He shrugs free of Filch. "Certainly... Professor." Draco said.

Snape, Draco, and Lilac walk out of Slughorn's office. They needed to speak somewhere silent and private. "Maybe I did hex that Bell girl. Maybe I didn't. What's it to you?" Draco questions. Draco was slumped against the wall in lazy insolence. Lilac and Snape stood besides each other. "I swore to protect you. I made the Unbreakable Vow." Snape told Draco. Lilac turns to face Snape, he made an Unbreakable vow? "I don't need protection. I was chosen for this! Out of all others. Me! And I won't fail him." Draco rants. Lilac grabs Draco's hand yet, Draco didn't hold onto hers. "You're afraid, Draco. You attempt to conceal it, but it's obvious. Let me assist you-" Snape tries. "No! I was chosen, This is my moment!" Draco raises his voice slightly. "Draco-" Lilac tries to speak yet Draco walks away. Her grip on him, goes. Snape then leaves, leaving Lilac alone with her thoughts. Unknown to her, Harry heard the whole thing in an adjacent alcove.