ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟝 :

Lilac and Harry walk besides each other, they didn't want to talk about the whole Parseltongue moment... or the Heir of Slytherin. Lilac glances towards a group of Hufflepuffs. "So, anyway, I told Justin to hide up in our dormitory. I mean to say, if Potter's marked him down as her next victim, it's best he keep a low profile for a while." Ernie said towards the others. Lilac knew it was about her. "But why would she want to attack Justin?" Hannah asked. "Justin let it slip to Harry Potter that he was Muggle-born. Lilac could have heard." Ernie explained. "And you definitely think Potter's the Heir of Slytherin?" Hannah asked. "Hannah, she's a Parselmouth. Everyone knows that's the mark of a dark wizard. Have you ever heard of a decent one who could talk to snakes? They called Slytherin himself Serpent-tongue." Enie said before whispering. "Remember what was written on the wall: Enemies of the Heir Beware. Potter had some sort of run-in with Filch. Next thing we know, Filch's cat's attacked. That first-year Creevey's been annoying Potter, she could do it to show the other Potter..help. Then Creevey's attacked."

"She always seems so nice, though. And, after all, she is the one who made You Know Who disappear... along with Harry." Hannah told him. "That's probably why You Know Who wanted to kill them in the first place. Didn't want another Dark Lord competing with her." Ernie said. Lilac choked down a sob, she quickly walked off. Harry trying to follow her. He wanted to help her... but he couldn't.

The day went by very slowly. Lilac wanted to explore. It was nighttime Up ahead, there is a light of a flickering torch, something dark lies. A windowpane rattles in the wind and the torch goes out. Lilac steps closer to find Justin Finch-Fletchley.. He was lying rigid on the floor, a look of shock on his frozen face. She noticed a trail of spiders scuttling away from Justin's body and out the loose windowpane. She closed her eyes as she senses someone watching her. She turns around to see Professor McGonagall. "Professor... I swear I didn't-" She said softly. "This is out of my hands, Potter. Mr. Filch, will you take care of this, please?" McGonagall said. Lilac's eye shifts to look towards Filch who was lurking in the shadows. He steps forward and hisses quietly. "Caught in the act. I'll have you out this time, Potter. Mark my words...." He said.

As McGonagall led her away, she looks at Filch as he stares at Justin. "Dark Magic. That's what you've got, Potter. Even the air you breathe comes out poison. You're evil. Evil as they come..." He told Lilac. She felt responsible for all the crimes that the true Heir is accountable for. She felt like this was her fault. McGonagall and Lilac walk to an ugly stone gargoyle. "Sherbert lemon." McGonagall said. Once she said that, the Gargoyle springs to life, its wings opening.

"Professor Dumbledore will be waiting for you." McGonagall said. McGonagall ushered Lilac inside, it's an elevator. The Gargoyle's wings close and Lilac rises to an upper floor. Lilac steps out of the Gargoyle's embrace and enters Dumbledore's office. She looks around and sees the sorting hat on a nearby shelf. She looks at the many Professor portraits, most of them asleep. One, Professor Dippet, was awake.

Lilac approaches the Sorting hat, she glances around. "Bee in your bonnet, Potter?" The sorting hat asked. Lilac sighed, "Well, you see, I was wondering..." Lilac started. "If I put you in the right house? Yes... You were particularly difficult to place, similar to your brother. But I stand by what I said last year. You will be the one to bring houses together." Sorting hat told. "I think you're wrong... right now at least." She said softly before walking over to a old, decrepit bird... A phoenix. It burst into flames as Dumbledore enters the room, Lilac takes a few steps back.

"Your bird burned..." She stated softly. "About time too. He's been looking dreadful for days. Pity you had to see him on a Burning day. He's really handsome most of the time." Dumbledore told. Lilac nodded and watched as the ashes swirl. A baby Fawkes pokes out his wrinkled head, blinking through the dust. "Fascinating creatures, phoenixes. They can carry immensely heavy loads, their tears have healing powers, and they make highly faithful pets." Lilac said as she smiled softly. Hagrid, still clutching the dead rooster, bursts through the door. "It wasn't Lilac, Professor Dumbledore!" Hagrid told him. Lilac smiled happily, at least someone did. "Harry talked to me before she found the kid, he's worried for her. Says that her face changes to sadness since she can't protect the people." Hagrid said. "Hagrid..." Dumbledore tried to talk.

"I'll swear ter it in front o' the Ministry o' Magic-" Hagrid said. "Hagrid!" Lilac exclaimed, trying to get his attention. Hagrid stopped talking, "I do not think that Harry or Lilac has attacked anyone." Dumbledore said. Hagrid nodded, now looking at the two sheepishly. "Oh. Right. I'll wait outside then." Hagrid said. As he exits, Lilac looks hopefully at Dumbledore. "You don't think it was me, Professor?" She asked. "No, Lilac. But I must ask you... Is there anything you'd like to tell me. Anything at all?" Dumbledore said. Dumbledore waits for her answer. Lilac debated on telling him anything. "I have these dreams... Nightmares more like it. They started last year. They seem like they are visions of the past. Like Voldemort killing my parents... or Emersyn." She stated. Dumbledore nodded, "You better get to bed, there's a lot tomorrow." Dumbledore said. Lilac nodded before leaving his office.

Students drift into the snow with their trunks, heading home for holiday. As Harry, Lilac, Ron, and Hermione walk together, Ernie and a few others glance worried stares towards Lilac. "Make way for the Heir of Slytherin! Seriously evil witch coming through!" Fred said, making a fake bow towards Lilac. Ron grins, amused, then sees Harry and Lilac, anything but. "Oh, c'mon, Harry.. Lilac. Fred's just having a laugh." Ron said, "I get that... I do but it's just painful." She stated. "He's the only one." Harry said.

"Okay, so half the school thinks you're nipping off to the Chamber of Secrets every night. Who cares?" Ron asked Lilac. "Maybe they're right." Lilac said before leaving.

Hermione walked to her Gryffindor, she sees Lilac walking away. "Harry!" She said. "I didn't know we could speak Parseltongue. What else do we not know about each other...? What if she actually is the Heir and doesn't know it?" Harry said frustrated. "You don't believe that, Harry, I know you don't. And if makes you feel better, I just heard Malfoy's staying over for the holiday, too." Hermione said. "Why would that make anyone feel better?" Ron asked.

"Because, in a few days, the Polyjuice Potion's will be ready. In a few days... we may truly know who is the Heir of Slytherin." Hermione said.