ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟡 :

Lilac slowly walked towards her next class DADA or well Defense against the Dark Arts. She didn't want to see her new teacher, Gilderoy Lockhart. She walked into the room to see a desk, empty. She quickly sits down as it was in the middle of the room. Perfect for her. Emersyn, Theodore, and Draco walked into the room, Emersyn quickly grabbing Theodore's hand to sit somewhere else. Draco rolled his eyes and saw Lilac, he went to sit with her. "Hey." He said softly. Lilac glanced towards her friend, she did a small wave. Draco knew Lilac was hurting inside, she never acted like this. She was always speaking her mind or even telling him something ridiculous.

Gilderoy Lockhart started pacing in front of the class. Hermione and almost all the girls hung onto every word he said. While Harry and Ron eyed the large cage rattling mysteriously on his desk. "Let me introduce you to your new Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher. Me. Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin, Third Class, Honorary Member of the Dark Force Defense League and five times winner of Witch Weekly's Most- Charming-Smile Award -- But I don't talk about that. I didn't get rid of the Bandon Banshee by smiling at her!" Lockhart said awaiting laughter but he just got some students to weakly smile at him. "I see you've all bought a complete set of my books. Well done. I thought we'd start today with a little quiz. Nothing to worry about. Just to check how well you've read them, how much you've taken in..." Lockhart said before giving out papers, quizzes about himself. Lilac scoffed and looked at the paper. "Professor Lockhart, this is defense against the dark arts.. Not a you class." Lilac said, smirking a bit.

"That is true, I'm just testing on how well you read the books." Lockhart said. Lilac rolled her eyes and glanced at Emersyn. She shrugged before starting to take the quiz in front of her. Lockhart rifled through the completed exams.. Well, except one. Lilac Potter. "Tut, tut. Hardly any of you remembered my favorite color is lilac. There's even a Potter with my favorite color. But Miss Hermione Granger knew that my secret ambition is to rid the world of evil and market my own range of hair care potions. Good girl." Lockhart said. Lilac rolled her eyes as Hermione beamed. Lockhart's expression quickly darkened. "Now... be warned! It is my job to arm you against the foulest creatures known to wizardkind! You may find yourself facing your own worst fears in this room. Know only that no harm can befall you whilst I am here..." Lockhart told them, Lilac sat up in her seat as she looked at the cage.

Lockhart slowly turned to the cage, "I must ask you not to scream. It might provoke them." Lockhart told them, this caused Neville to draw back while Harry and Ron sat up. Lockhart lets the tension build, then whips off the cover. Inside the cage are several electric blue creatures. Eight inches tall, with pointed faces and wings, they rattle the bars and pull bizarre faces at the students. "Cornish pixies?" Lilac scoffed, this year was going to be a disaster with him as a teacher. "Freshly caught Cornish pixies." Lockhart commented. Unable to control himself, Seamus snorts with laughter.

"Laugh if you will, Mr. Finnegan, but pixies can be devilishly tricky little blighters. Let's see what you make of them now!" Lockhart said. Lockhart flings open the cage. Instantly, the pixies rocket about, spraying the students with ink bottles, breaking beakers and shredding books. Two seize Neville by the ears, lift him into the air, and begin to circle the ceiling. Lilac groaned as students started leaving the classroom. "Come on now, round them up, round them up. They're only pixies." Lockhart told them, he took out his wand. "Peskipiski Pesternomi!" Lockhart tried to do a spell, it had no effect.

A particularly obnoxious pixie makes a face, seizes Lockhart's wand and tosses it out the window. Lockhart joins the stampede to the door. "I'll ask you four to just nip the rest of them back into their cage." Lockhart told Harry, Lilac, Ron, and Hermione before slamming the door, he's gone. Harry, Ron and Hermione stand blinking. Ron swats a pixie gnawing his ear. Lilac groaned annoyed, "The teacher is a fucking wimp." She said under her breath. "What do we do now?" Ron asked. Hermione and Lilac raised their wands towards the pixies, "Immobilus!" They say in unison. The pixies freeze in midair, Neville falls onto Lockhart's desk. He looks at Hermione. "Why is it always me?" Neville questioned.

Fresh from the pixes, the five of them walk out of the class. Hair askew, robes shredded. "Can you believe him?" Ron asked. Lilac looked at them and nodded. "I'm sure Professor Lockhart just wanted to give us some hands-on experience?" Hermione tried to explain. "Hands on?" Harry asked. "Hermione, he didn't have a clue what he was doing." Lilac stated. "Rubbish. Read his books. You'll see all the amazing things he's done." Hermione said towards Lilac. "He says he's done." Ron stated. Lilac raised her eyebrows, "He says he did those things. What if he faked them?" She questioned, more to herself though.Lilac left the group to get ready to train the new Seeker for Slytherin, Flint didn't tell her who it was yet. Stated it was... "A surprise." She didn't know why it was.

I can't believe it now... There's only eleven more chapters to this book then we have the next book. Hope you enjoy the chapter and enjoy your day! BYE