ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟡

Lockhart walked with Lilac, Ron, and Harry, the two of them were pointing their wands at him while Lilac led the way. "Hello Myrtle." Lilac said with a little smile. "Hello Harry. What do you want?" Moaning Myrtle said with a flirty tone. Lilac smiled and chuckled, "To ask you how you died." Harry admits. "Oooooh, it was dreadful. It happened right here. In this very cubicle. I'd hidden because Olive Hornby was teasing me about my glasses. I was crying, and then I heard somebody come in." Myrtle explained.

"Who was it, Myrtle?" Lilac asked. "I don't know! I was distraught! But they said something funny. A kind of made-up language. And I realized it was a boy speaking. So I unlocked the door, to tell him to go away, and... I died." Myrtle told them, Lilac nodded as she looked around the room. "Just like that? How?" Harry asked. "No idea. I just remember seeing a pair of great big yellow eyes. Over there..." She said as she points to the bank of sinks, where Lilac was. Harry and Ron hurry over, examining the pipes below, the tile above, then... Lilac sees a snake on one of the faucets. "This is it, you two... This is the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets." Lilac told them as they rushed to her.

"Say something, Harry or Lilac. Say something in Parseltongue." Ron said. Harry stares off self-consciously at the tiny snake. Harry motioned for Lilac to do so. "Open up." Lilac said in parseltongue. Ron shakes his head at the try. Lilac returns to her normal voice. "English." Ron offers. Lilac concentrates harder this time, staring so intensely that the snake almost looks alive. When, finally, she speaks, it is more like a hiss. Parseltongue. The circular group of sinks, opens and a large open pipe is exposed. "Excellent, Harry.. Lilac. Good work. Well then. I'll just be going. There's no need for me..." Lockhart said.

"Oh, yes there is. You first." Harry said as he pointed his wand at Lockhart, then the opening. "Now, boys. What good will it do?" Lockhart asked. "I can do a lot, but there's things stopping me." Lilac said with a small smirk on her face. "A bloody lot of good if it's a two-hundred-foot drop onto jagged rocks." Ron said. Lockhart steps grimly to the dark, gaping hole. Ron gives him a shove and he topples headfirst and out of sight. They wait. Finally... "It's really quite filthy down here." Lockhart said. Lilac follows after Lockhart. Lilac looked at Lockhart, "If you try anything... I mean anything. I won't be to scared to try one of the forbidden spells on you." She threatened him before the other two came down. Harry and Ron slid down and looked around. "Lumos!" Harry exclaimed, the torch blooms with a bright flame. "Remember. Any sign of movement, close your eyes straight away." Harry reminded them.

Lilac nodded as she led the way. Lilac avoided looking at the ground since there was so much skulls and bones on the ground. She sighed softly, "What's that? Up ahead?" Ron asked. "That looks like a... snake." Lockhart said, he quickly hides his eyes. Lilac walks towards it while the others waited. "Guys... It's just it's skin." She said looking back at them.

"Bloody hell. Whatever shed this must be twenty feet long. Or more." Ron said. THUD! They turn around to Lockhart has passed out. "Heart of a lion, this one." Ron said. "Ron wait!" Lilac said but before she could warn him, Ron kneels by him, Lockhart's eyes open and, quick as a fox... he snatches Ron's wand and scrambles to his feet. "The adventure ends here, boys and Lilac! But don't fret. The world will know our story. How I was too late to save the girls. How you three tragically lost your minds at the sight of her mangled body. I'll even bind a limited edition in this snake skin. Say goodbye to your memories." Lockhart said Lilac looked unamused. He raised Ron's wand, "Obliviate!" Lockhart said, Ron's wand exploded like a small bomb, knocking Lockhart off his feet and spitting great jets of fire into the rock above.

As rubble rains, Ron leaps one way and Harry the other. Lilac was already on the side Harry jumped on. Harry sits up, squints through the settling dust. There was a solid wall that separated all of them except for the twins. Lilac walked off to find something, leaving Harry and Ron to talk. She comes to face a towering stone wall, carved with twin serpents. She smiled a bit. "Kinda iconic, hmm. Twin serpents?" She mumbled. "Open." She said in parseltongue. The serpents part and the giant wall opens. Harry caught up with her, they take their wands out and enters the room.

Along the path are rows of stone serpents. The serpents rest in pools of black water. Ahead is an enormous statue of Salazar Slytheirn (spelling is hard). Several feet in front of the statue, Ginny Weasley and Emersyn Claire lies motionless. As Harry dashes and takes her into his arms, her head lolls to one side, cheeks white as marble. A pale hand clutches Tom Riddle's diary to her chest. Lilac rushes to check Emersyn. "How did she get that?" Lilac asked Harry, looking at the diary. "Ginny! Please don't be dead. Wake up! Wake up! Ginny!" Harry cries out.

"She won't wake." Riddle said. The twins spin around to face Tom Riddle standing nearby. He is strangely blurred around the edges, as though they were looking at him through a misted window. "Tom... Tom Riddle? What d'you mean, she won't wake? She's not..." Lilac said. "They're still alive. But only just." Tom Riddle said.

"Are you a ghost?" Harry asked. "A memory. Preserved in a diary for fifty years." Riddle told them. They look towards the diary before looking at their house friend. "She's cold as ice. You've got to help me, Tom. There's a basilisk.." Harry tried to explain. "It won't come until it's called." Riddle told them. Harry looks up, sees Riddle twirling a wand in his fingers. Lilac looked at Riddle then connected some dots. "Give me my wand, Tom." Harry demanded. "You won't be needing it... Either will you Lilac Potter." Riddle said, before holding another wand. "Listen, we've got to go! We've got to save them!" Harry exclaimed.

" I'm afraid I can't do that, Harry... Lilac. You see, as poor Ginny and Emersyn grows weaker... I grow stronger." Riddle said. Lilac held Emersyn's hand tightly. "But they're dying!" Lilac exclaimed. "Yes. I'm afraid so. But then, she's been in so much pain, poor Ginny. She's been writing to me for months, telling me all her pitiful worries and woes. Ginny poured her soul out to me. I grew stronger on a diet of her deepest fears, her darkest secrets. I grew powerful enough to start feeding Ginny a few secrets, to start pouring a bit of my soul back into her... On top of that, Emersyn.. That poor girl just found out who her father was. Wanted to help." He said, grinning softly. Lilac leaned back a bit, she couldn't let Harry know... Tom then started to talk about how it was Ginny who was the one who did everything while Tom Riddle was a puppet master, pulling at the strings.

"Still, the power of the diary began to scare her and she tried to dispose of it in the girls' bathroom. But then, who should find it... but you, Lilac. The very person I was most anxious to meet." He stated. "And why did you want to meet me?" Lilac asked angrily. "Ginny told me all about you two. I knew I had to talk to you, meet you if I could. So I decided to show you my capture of that brainless oaf, Hagrid, to gain your trust." Tom said, talking to them both. "Hagrid's my friend. And you framed him, didn't you?" Harry said. " It was my word against Hagrid's. Only Dumbledore seemed to think Hagrid was innocent." Riddle continued.

"I'll bet Dumbledore saw right through you." Lilac commented. "I knew it wouldn't be safe to open the Chamber again while I was still at school. So I decided to leave behind a diary, preserving my sixteen-year-old self in its pages, so that one day... I would be able to lead another to finish Salazar Slytherin's noble work." Riddle said. "Well, you haven't finished it this time. In a few hours Mandrake Draught will be ready and everyone who was petrified will be all right again." Harry told. "Haven't I told you, that killing Mudbloods doesn't matter to me anymore? For many months now, my new target has been... you two. Imagine my disappointment when I learned Ginny had stolen the diary back from you." Riddle said. Lilac made her way to besides Harry instead the closest to Tom Riddle. "Ginny stole the diary from my room? But why?" Lilac asked. "She was afraid. Afraid you'd learn how to work the diary. Afraid I'd tell you just who it was that had been strangling all those roosters." Riddle explained. Horrified, Harry glances at Ginny, growing more pale, then back to Riddle, who is growing more solid. Lilac needed to find out how to stop this. "Come now, Harry and Lilac. Don't look so disappointed. Had Ginny succeeded in destroying the diary, she would have destroyed me. And we couldn't be having this little talk. And I have so many questions for you." Riddle said. "Like what?" Harry asked. "Well, how is it that a baby with no extraordinary magical talent managed to defeat the greatest wizard of all time? How did you escape with nothing but a scar, while Lord Voldemort's powers were destroyed?" Riddle asked. "Why do you care how we escaped? Voldemort was after your time." Both of them replied in unison. "Voldemort is my past, present and future." He said before he pulled Harry's wand from his pocket and begins to trace it through the air, writing three words: "TOM MARVOLO RIDDLE." Then, with a wave, he re-arranges them: "I AM LORD VOLDEMORT."

"You. You're the heir of Slytherin. You're Voldemort?" Lilac asked as she slightly gagged. SHE THOUGHT YOUNG VOLDEMORT WAS HOT!