ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟝:

Lilac ran through the forest, she needed to stop her brother from doing anything stupid... This was it. Lilac took deep breaths as she ran faster. The air around her was cold, she could feel the hairs on her arms stand up. Her feet were aching yet she still ran. Her lungs burned with every breath she took... Yet, none of this mattered though. It didn't matter because she had to get to Harry even if it killed her. Suddenly, she came to a clearing. She stopped to catch her breath yet, when she looked around she saw Voldemort and Harry. "Lila, run!!" Harry exclaimed before a blast of green light blasted right for her chest.

Lilac gasped awake, she was inside her dorm room. Lilac sat up in her bed, seeing everyone still asleep in their own beds. Hot tears were racing down her cheeks, she wiped at them furiously. It was just a dream.. Nightmares are more like it. With tears still coming from her eyes, Lilac grabs her sweater, sliding it on. She needed some comfort and she knew quickly who to go to. She quietly stepped out of the girl's dorm rooms and walked off to the common room to see Theodore. "Theo? What are you doing up?" She whispered as she held the sweater tightly. Theo smiled softly and shook his head, "Don't mind me... I just couldn't sleep. Why are you up?" He said. "Nightmare... Can you direct me to Draco's bed?" Lilac questioned as a blush tinted her cheeks. Theo nodded, leading her to the boy's dorm room. He pointed to a bed, closer to the window.

"Thanks..." Lilac whispered as walked to his bed. Lilac smiled softly as she noticed the blonde hair all over the place. His mouth hung open and a soft snore was coming from him. Draco looked so peaceful. "Draco." She whispered as she pushed on his shoulder, trying to get him to wake up. Draco shifted in the bed so his back was facing away from her. She groaned and just crawled in next to him. Lilac wiped at the tears trying to fall. She felt him shift again before feeling him bury his face into her hair. An arm came around her middle and a chest pressed against her back. "Hey Lila." He mumbled. "Hey.." She whispered, her voice sounding smaller and weak... "What's wrong?" He asked softly, as he played with her hair. "A nightmare..." She whispered. Lilac turned around so she was facing him. Draco kissed the top of her head, "It's okay." He whispered, Lilac smiled as she listened to his sleepy morning voice. "It's alright. You're fine. There's no danger. You're okay, I got you. I love you." Draco whispered as he ran his fingers through Lilac's hair. Lilac closed her eyes slowly as she listened to his heartbeat. "I'm sorry I came in here." She mumbled softly.

"It's okay. You're my girlfriend and I'm supposed to always be there for you. Contrary to popular belief, I do have feelings and I do care about people. It's my job as a boyfriend to be there for you whenever you need me. I love you." Draco said.

"I love you too, Draco." Lilac whispered before falling asleep.

When the morning came, Lilac never had a nightmare by Draco's side. Lilac went to Defense Against the Dark Arts class with Draco. Lilac picked a table at the back on the right side, Draco decided to sit besides her. Emersyn and Theodore sat in the middle back while Crabbe and Goyle sat in front of Emersyn and Theodore. "Good morning, children. Ordinary Wizarding Level examinations. O-W-Ls. More commonly known as OWLs. Study hard and you will be rewarded. Fail to do so, and the consequences may be severe. Your previous instruction in this subject has been disturbingly uneven. But you'll be pleased to know, from now on, you will be following a carefully structured, Ministry-approved course of defensive magic. Yes?" Umbridge said. She handed out the books they would learn from which Lilac didn't like. Lilac needed to know magic, or she would learn on her own accord and no one could stop her. Hermione raised her hand, "There's nothing in here about using defensive spells?" Hermione questioned. "Using spells? Well, I can't imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom." Umbridge stated. Lilac raised her hand, yet she was ignored. "So, we aren't using magic?" Lilac questioned. "Students will raise their hands to speak." Umbridge tells Lilac. "I raised my hand, yet... you didn't answer. What use is that? If we're attacked, it won't be risk-free. Countless lives could be lost because people didn't want to admit things." Lilac said before shrugging. "Not my problem, right?" Lilac commented as she smirked.

"It is the view of the Ministry that a theoretical knowledge will be sufficient to get you through your examinations which, after all, is what school is all about." Umbridge stated. "And how's theory supposed to prepare us for what's out there?" Harry questioned. "There is nothing out there, dear. Who do you imagine wants to attack children like yourself?" Umbridge said. Harry shrugged, "Oh... I don't know. Maybe Lord Voldemort." Harry stated. Umbridge walked towards him. "Now, let me make this quite plain. You have been told... that a certain dark wizard is at large once again. This is a lie." Umbridge told the class. Draco held Lilac's hand under the desk to comfort her so she didn't blow up. "It's not a lie. I-We saw him. We fought him." Harry stated, referring to Lilac. "Detention, Mr. Potter." Umbridge told him, glancing towards Lilac for her comments. "So, Cedric Diggory dropped dead of his own accord? I didn't know the Ministry knew how he died?" Lilac commented.

"Cedric Diggory's death was a tragic accident." Umbridge said, walking to the front of the class. "It was murder. Voldemort killed him." Harry said, angrily. "Enough!" Umbridge snapped. Lilac flinched slightly. "Enough. See me later, Mr. Potter. My office." Umbridge said. Lilac sighed, "This year is going to be horrible..." She whispered as she looked at the pages of the book they were given.