ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟡:

It was the morning of the first day, masses of students fight their way to class. McGonagall standing tall and stern, trying to get the students where they needed to be. "History of Magic is up, ladies, not down. Mr. Davies- that's the girl's toilet." She spoke out. Her eyes shift to find Harry and Ron standing upon a ledge, clearing deriving immense pleasure from the chaos. "Potter!" McGonagall spoke. Harry's smile drops as she beckons him over with a finger. "This can't be good." Harry mumbled. Ron grins as he watches Harry makes his way over to her. "Enjoying ourself, are we?" She questioned. "Well... you see, I've got an open period this morning, Professor-" Harry explained before McGonagall spoke again, "So I noticed. I would think you'd want to fill it with Potions. Or is it no longer your ambition to become an Auror?" She asked. "It is. Or was. But I was told I had to get an Outstanding in my O.W.L." He said. "And so you did when Professor Snape was teaching Potions. However, Professor Slughorn is perfectly happy to accept N.E.W.T students with Exceeds Expectations." She explained towards him. "Really? Well... Brilliant. I'll head there straight away." Harry spoke, turning around to walk off. "Good. And take Weasley with you. He looks far too happy over there." McGonagall added on.

Ron trails along with Harry towards an open door. "But I don't want to take Potions!" Ron complains. Lilac sighs deeply, hearing Ron complain about coming to Potions. Harry drags Ron inside, the other students turn in unison. Hermione looks the same as Lilac... Lavender however, she saw Ron and beams. "Harry m'boy! I was beginning to worry! And I see we've brought someone with us..." Slughorn greeted with a huge smile. "Ron Weasley, sir. But I'm dead awful at Potions, a menace actually, so I probably should just be going-" Ron spoke, wanting to leave. "Nonsense, we'll sort you out. Any friend of Harry's is a friend of mine. Right then, books out." Slughorn spoke. Lilac gets her book out, she glances towards Harry, not having talked much. "Um... Sorry, sir, but I haven't got my books yet. Nor's Ron. You see..." Harry mumbled about. "Not to worry. You can get what you need from the cupboard." Slughorn told the two boys. The two boys step to the cupboard, Slughorn continues to teach. "Now, as I was saying, I've prepared a few concoctions this morning. Any ideas what these might be? Yes, Miss...?" Slughorn said. "Potter... That one there is Veritaserum. And that would be Polyjuice Potion. And that..." Lilac spoke. Harry and Ron find two textbooks, one newer and the other one looked shabby and soiled. Both grab the newer book, Ron getting the newer one. Ron goes off, grinning. "Is Amortentia. The most powerful love potion in the world. It's rumored to smell differently to each person, according to what attracts them. For example, I smell peppermint... and fresh apples." Lilac spoke before stopping herself.

Harry settled into his seat with the soiled textbook, looking at Slughorn. "Now Amortentia doesn't create actual love, of course. That's impossible. But it does cause a powerful infatuation or obsession. For that reason, it is probably the most dangerous potion in this room." Slughorn explains. Slughorn turns to see many of the girls leaning over the cauldron, Slughorn quickly clangs the cover onto the cauldron. As Ron blinks, he finds Lavender still staring at him dreamily. Hermione's eyes narrow seeing that Lavender was looking at Ron. "Sir, you haven't told us what's in that one." Katie Bell spoke as there was a last potion. "Ah yes..." Slughorn said as he step towards the small cauldron.

He begins to stir what was inside the cauldron, a golden liquid was poured into a tiny vial. "What you see before you, ladies and gentlemen, is a curious little potion known as Felix Felicis. But it is more commonly referred to as-" Slughorn explained before Hermione cuts him off. "Liquid luck." All the students seems to be more interested, even Draco perks up. Lilac seemed to be neutral. "Yes, Miss Granger. Desperately tricky to make. Disastrous should you get it wrong. But brewed correctly, as this has been, it has remarkable powers. One sip and you will find that all your endeavors succeed... at least until the effects wear off." Slughorn explained towards them. "But then why don't people drink it all the time?" Katie Bell questioned Slughorn. "Because taken in excess it cause giddiness, recklessness, and dangerous overconfidence." Slughorn replied. "Have you ever taken it, sir?" Blaise questioned.

"Twice." Slughorn spoke, pausing for a second.

"Once when I was twenty four. Once when I was fifty seven. Two tablespoons taken at breakfast. Two perfect days..." Slughorn explains, eyeing the vial dreamily. "So. This is what I offer each of you today. One tiny vial of liquid luck... to the student who, in the hour remains, manages to brew an acceptable Draught of Living Death, the recipe for which can be found on page ten of your textbook." Slughorn told them. Excitement seizes the class, well... Mostly, Lilac didn't really seem interested in the liquid luck. Slughorn smiled knowingly, "You should know that in all the years of my previous tenure at Hogwarts, not once did a student brew a potion of sufficient quality to claim this prize. In any event... Good luck." Slughorn told them. Slughorn sets the vial upon his desk, the small vial shimmering in the sunlight. Harry opens his book before frowning. The margins of the page before him are black with the tight scribblings of a previous owner. Harry looked at the first instruction: Cut up one Sopophorous bean. Harry takes the silver dagger, poises it over the bean when he notices most of the students are having trouble. He glances back to his book, considers the instruction again. He then spots an arrow has been drawn from the word "cut" to the side in wrote, crush with blade, releases juices better. Harry considers the dagger in his hand, placing the flat of the blade against the bean. Instantly, the protective parchment covering the desk runs red with juice. "How did you do that?" Hermione questioned. "Crush it. Don't cut it." Harry spoke. Lilac glanced towards her twin before trying to crush it instead of cutting it. "No. The instructions specifically say to cut." Hermione told him. "Why are you listening to him?" She questioned Lilac. Lilac shrugged, "Would you rather keep trying to cut it or listen to a better option?" Lilac asked Hermione. Harry shrugs before pouring the juices into his cauldron, the color turning lilac.

Hours pass by, none of the students getting as close to Harry. Not even Lilac.. Slughorn walks around the room, looking at the cauldrons, nodding with sympathy at the fiascos before him. He stops, staring in disbelief at the pearly sheen of one bubbling potion. "Merlin's beard! But it's perfect I daresay one sip would kill us all! Your mother was a dab hand at potions, but this... My, my, what can't you do, m'boy? Perhaps you will save us all in the end..." Slughorn told Harry. All eyes turn to Harry, his smile falters. Lilac smiles slightly, her face held something darker. "Here you are then, as promised. One bottle of Felix Felicis. Use it well." Slughorn spoke, he hands the vial to Harry. Harry takes the vial slowly.