ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟘:

The day was storming but there was also a quidditch match. Gryffindor and Hufflepuff. Harry was flying through the mist like a rocket, his robes snapping violently in the wind. Lilac gripped her raincoat, she was worried about Harry... This game was dangerous. Rain was falling like needles before all of them, dark clouds concealing potential danger. Beaters criss-cross his path, a bludger whizzes past him. Harry quickly ducks, the bludger shatters the broom of a hufflepuff beater. Lilac gasps out as she watches the game. Ron squints upwards, the players little more than streaking blurs from his vantage. One by one, players fell to the strikes of lightning. In the air, Harry flies fearlessly, searching for the snitch as the bludgers pierce the clouds above him. Chasers fly in and out of view far below him.

Something glimmers in view of Harry, he turns to see the Snitch flying there. Instantly, Harry jets off closing fast on the tiny, glimmering ball. Chasing it through one cloud, then another, and another... until he breaks into a clear patch of sky. Lilac fidgets with her fingers and coat as she looks at the sky. Where was her brother? "Don't go out there." Emersyn warned.

"What if he needs help?" Lilac asked. Emersyn shook her head, "If you see him in danger or need help. You can interfere then." Emersyn explains towards Lilac. "Fine." Lilac agrees. In the sky, Harry whips his broom back around, searching the horizon frantically. Harry's eyes shift around, the snitch shimmers like a firefly in the dark underbelly of a cloud. 'Harry, please tell me if you need help...' Lilac thought she wanted to see if they still had their twin telepathy. Harry begins to go... when the veil of mist shrouding the high tower and for a brief moment, a great dog is revealed. As the mist closes, Harry frowns as he flies away, still looking for the Snitch.

As Harry pelts after the Snitch, the crowd rises to their feet in anticipation for the Gryffindor win. Harry shreds the mist as he urges his broom on. "Come on..." Harry whispers. The trace of a smile forms on Harry's lips as he closes on the Snitch which was only yards away. 'Harry, please tell me if you need help...' He heard Lilac's whisper. Then a thin glaze of ice clouds his glasses. He wipes at them, the flinches. Blood trickles down his cheek, the rain is turning to needles... Needles of ice. Harry glances at the handle of his broomstick. The water sluicing through the grain is freezing. Vapor streams from his mouth and nose. A dark silhouette passes on his right. He turns, a twin silhouette passes on his left. Harry sees neither, looks down. The layers of mist are parting below. Lightning strikes to reveal an army of silhouettes drifting onto the pitch. 'Lila! I need help!! There's an army of Dementors!' Harry yelled towards Lilac through the twin telepathy. A vast legion of them... Dementors like Harry said. A distant whistle weaves into the wind, rises in pitch, not a whistle at all, but a scream. A woman's scream... Harry's eyes flutter and wisps of silvery white light float rom his mouth. His glasses glaze over completely.

'Lila! I need help!! There's an army of Dementors!' Harry yelled, Lilac called towards her broom and flew up to Harry. If Harry was right, he was in trouble. Lilac then saw Harry falling from the clouds as Dementors watched from above. "Come on!!" She yelled rushing to get to Harry. Harry and his broom tumble in opposite directions. The Nimbus soars end over end, tossed by the currents then drops right into the Whomping Willow. Lilac catches Harry, with some troubles. She lands on the ground and sighs. Then, a tall figure, Dumbledore, rises from the crowd, raising an open hand towards the clouds. An explosion, more powerful than thunder, rocks the air. A flash, more fierce than lightning, shocks the sky. Lilac allows her eyes to flutter close as she watches the sky.

"Looks a bit peaky, doesn't he?" Ron asks. Lilac opens her eyes to see Harry besides her. Why was she here? "Peaky? What'd you expect him to look like? He fell for a bit before Lilac caught him." Fred explains. "Yeah, c'mon, Ron. We'll walk you off the Astronomy tower and see how you come out looking... Oh, Lilac's awake." George said. Lilac sat up and rubbed her head. "Probably a right sight better than he normally does." Harry said. Lilac flinched, hearing Harry's voice suddenly. Harry opens his eyes and Ron, Fred, George, Lilac, and Hermione slowly come into focus. "How're you feeling?" Hermione questions.

As Harry edges up against his pillow, Harry doesn't look so good himself. Lilac not so far behind him. "Brillant." Harry mumbles. "Gave us a right good scare, mate." Fred said. "What happened?" Harry asked. "You fell off your broom." Ron said. Lilac stood up off the bed besides Harry, she didn't need rest. She needed to talk with Dumbledore about recent things. "Really? I meant the match. Who won?" Harry stated. There was silence and uncomfortable glances. "No one really blames you, Harry... The Dementors aren't meant to come on the grounds. Dumbledore was furious. After Lila saved you, he sent them straight off." Hermione said.

Harry nods, grimly. "There's something else you should know, Harry. Your Nimbus.. When it blew away? It sort of landed in the Whomping Willow. And well..." Ron said. He tips a bag of splintered wood and twisted twigs onto the bed. Harry stares at the wood then he looks at Lilac. 'Sorry.. I couldn't save you and the broom...' Lilac told Harry through their connection.

"I'm sorry about your broom, Harry. There's no chance of fixing it?" Lupin asked. Harry shakes his head in response to Lupin's question. Hedwig then flies into the sky, Harry and Lupin watch from the lake's edge. "Why do they affect me so, Professor? I mean, more than everyone else.." Harry asked. "Dementors are among the foulest creatures that walk this earth. They feed on every good feeling, every happy memory, until a person is left with nothing but his worst experiences. You're not weak, Harry. The Dementors affect you most, because there are true horrors in your past. Horrors your classmates can scarcely imagine. You have nothing to be ashamed of." Lupin explains. "I'm scared, Professor." Harry admits. "I'd consider you a fool if you weren't." Lupin tells him. "I need to learn how to fight them. You could teach me, Professor. You made that Dementor on the train go away..." Harry said before thinking about Lilac. She looked determined and confused when she left the hospital wing.

"There was only one that night..." Lupin tries to speak. "But you made it go away." Harry tells him. Lupin looks at the lake then Harry. "I don't pretend to be an expert, Harry. But yes, I can teach you. Perhaps after the holiday. For now, though, I need to rest. I'm feeling... tired." Lupin explains. Harry turns, studies Lupin's haggard face. A weary smile appears as Hedwig's reflection glides over Lupin's irises. "Beautiful..." Lupin whispers. Harry looks up, watches Hedwig pinwheel through the sky.