ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟜:

Lilac and the whole group emerges from the gap in the Whomping Willow. "Turn me into a maggot. A dung beetle. A Flobberworm! Anything but the Dementors..." Peter begged all of them. Lilac walked away to see the whole Hogwarts castle. Sirius walks up to her and looks at the castle. "Beautiful, isn't it? I'll never forget the first time I walked through those doors. It'll be nice to do it again. Freely. That was a noble thing you did back there. He doesn't deserve it." Sirius tells Lilac. She smiles softly, "I feel like that would be what my mother would have done... And besides I don't reckon my father'd want his best friends to become killers for a worthless piece of vermin like Pettigrew. Besides: Dead, the truth dies with him. Alive... you're free." Lila says softly. "How did you know about Peter Pettigrew and the truth?" Sirius questioned as he studied Lilac's profile. "I saw it in a dream... That same night, Harry saw Peter Pettigrew on the map. I found out about the truth before Harry ever put the connection together." Lila tells Sirius.

Harry walks up to them and looks at the castle with them. "I don't know if you know, Harry and Lilac, but when you were born, James and Lily made me your guardian..." Sirius tells them. "We know." Harry says. "And, well, I'll understand if you choose to stay with your aunt and uncle or with your adopted parents, but, so you know, you could-" Sirius says before being interrupted by Harry. "When! Come live with you?" Harry exclaims. "Soon as my name's cleared..." Sirius tells them. "I might do so one year... I think it would be fun." Lila whispers. The three of them looks at Hogwarts, smiling. "Harry..." Hermione says, her voice quavering with fear. Lilac and Harry turns around to see Hermione staring at the full moon. His eyes shift to Lupin's rigid silhouette. The three of them run closer to the group. "Remus, old friend... did you take your potion tonight?" Sirius questions as he holds Lupin. Lupin, twitching, shakes his head. Pettigrew's eyes dart, taking in the situation, then slowly shift, note the wand trembling in Lupin's fist. "Run. All of you. Now." Sirius tells the four of the kids. But none of them do, transfixed, watching as bristles poke through Lupin's skin. Black steps forward, wraps his arms around his friend, presses his mouth to his ear. "You know the man you truly are, Remus. This flesh is only flesh... This heart is where you truly live. This heart! Here!" Sirius exclaims towards Lupin. As Lupin's wand drops... Pettigrew picks it up. Lilac grabs her wand and points it towards Peter Pettigrew. "Expelliarmus!" Lilac says. Lupin's wand flies from Pettigrew's hand and he freezes. Then slowly turns. Face blank, eyes closed, he... grins hideously. Transforms. Stunned, Harry watches a rat dart into the night.

A howl pierces the air and the four of them look at Lupin as a werewolf. "So.. I need all of you to keep what I am about to show a secret..." Lilac tells the trio. With a shrug, Lupin tosses Black into the air, then turns. He is no longer human. He's a werewolf. Harry and Hermione begin to edge back. "Professor...?" Hermione asks. The werewolf's eyes blaze. Long teeth glitter. Then... a horrifying growl erupts from its throat. Harry and Hermione spin, begin to flee... and run flat into Snape. As they collapse in a great clumsy pile, Snape's eyes flutter open, the spell broken. Lilac runs forwards as she changes into a wolf, she growled at Lupin's. Seeing Hermione atop him, he sweeps her aside... and finds the werewolf preparing to pounce. Leaping to his feet, Snape draws his wand and steps forward, shielding Hermione, Harry and Ron.

The werewolf howls, sprinting forward, when a giant jet-black dog intercepts it in midair. They hit the ground in a fierce tangle of flashing teeth. Again and again, the dog pushes the werewolf... Lupin back but the werewolf is too strong. "Sirius!" Harry yelled out. The dog yelps, roars in pain as the werewolf, Lupin, flings him into the tall grass. Harry pushes past Snape dashing to help Sirius. Lilac, as her wolf form, ran after Harry. Hermione tries to follow, but Snape holds her back. "Harry! Lila!" Hermione exclaims. Harry runs full out. Up ahead, framed against the full moon, he spies the dog, lying inert, the werewolf's razor-sharp claws suspended over its neck.