ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟠:

Ron and Hermione step into the crowded aisle. "Where's Harry?" Hermione asked Ron. "Probably on the platform. C'mon." Ron told her softly. Most of the other compartments were empty. Blaise and Pansy make it to exit before glancing towards Draco and Lilac. "You two go on. I want to check something. Lila, you should go along." Draco said before whispering to her. Lilac sighed softly before looking at the upper rack, "Draco... Don't do what I think you are going to do.." She mumbled before following her friends.. With the exception of Pansy. "Come on, Lils." Emersyn said with a smile on her face. Draco watched as they left the train, following the other students. Draco lets the blinds down before closing the door to the outside. "Didn't mummy ever tell you it's bad manners to eavesdrop, Potter?" Draco spoke before wheeling. His wand pointed at the luggage rack, "Petrificus Totalus!" Draco exclaimed, something hits the floor with a thump. The invisibility cloak slips away to reveal Harry, paralyzed on the floor. "Oh right, she was dead before you could wipe the drool off your chin." Draco said grinning. Draco brings his boot down hard on Harry's face, there was a loud snap. Blood squirts from Harry's nose. Draco sneers, snatching up the Invisibility cloak, he pitches it over Harry. "Enjoy the ride back to London." Draco sneered. Draco tossed the cloak over Harry's body before walking off the train to go to his friends and girlfriend.

Softly, they heard a light humming. Luna wanders down the aisle of the train, red and blue glasses on the bridge of her nose. Luna then notices there's a fluttering cloud of small particles, she cocks her head to the side in mystery. Luna then raises her wand, removing the Invisibility cloak from Harry. "Hello, Harry." Luna greeted. "Luna. How'd you..?" Harry spoke before being cut off by Luna answering him, "Wrackspurts. Your head's full of them." She told him.

Harry and Luna walk off the train towards the castle. Harry's nose slightly off center, spattering blood. "Sorry. I made you miss the carriages, Luna." Harry told her. "It's alright. I enjoyed our walk. It was like being with a friend." Luna spoke as they walk. "I am your friend, Luna." Harry told her before looking up to see Lilac looking at him with an unexplainable look on her face. "That's nice." Luna said. Just then Professor Flitwick rushes towards them clutching a long roll of parchment with all the student names. "About time! I've been looking all over for you two. Names." Flitwick told them. "Professor Flitwick, you've known me for five years." Harry explained. "No exceptions, Potter." He told the duo. "Who are those people?" Luna questioned as she looked into the darkness. Harry turns around to look into the darkness, where shadows drift eerily, like ghosts. "Aurors. They're for security." Lilac spoke with a shrug, she noticed that Harry's nose looks broken. She glanced towards Draco. "It's not a cane, you cretin. It's a walking stick." Draco told Filch. Harry and Luna turn to watch Draco as he stands amidst the mountain of trunks and owl cages. "And what exactly would you be wanting with a walking stick?" Filch questioned.

"It was his father's." Snape and Lilac spoke in unison. Lilac walked over to Draco, linking her arm with his. Draco eyes him warily, the snatches the stick back. "Is my father's. He's not dead." Draco told them. Lilac glared at Draco, "Can we talk about how Harry has a broken nose?" She whispered towards Draco as he wraps the stick in felt. "It's alright, Mr. Filch. I can vouch for Mr. Malfoy." Snape spoke. Draco glanced towards Harry, seeing him watching the scene. "Nice face, Potter." Draco said before being punched in the shoulder by Lilac. Lilac then drug him off towards the carriages, trailed by Snape. "Would you like me to fix it? Personally I think you look a bit more devil may care this way... But it's up to you." Luna spoke. "Have you ever fixed one?" Harry asked her, he was cautious. "No. But I've done several toes and how different are they really?" Luna spoke, Harry seemed to not show he was anymore confident with his choice. "What the hell. Give it a go." Harry told her. "Episkey." Luna points her wand over Harry's nose and gives it a tap. Harry's nose vibrates before being snapped into place. "Well? How do I look?" Harry asked.

"Exceptionally ordinary." Luna told him with a smile.

"Brilliant." Harry replied.

Hermione cranes her neck, looking for Harry, meanwhile Ron stuffs his face with different foods. "Don' you worry. He'll be long soon 'nuff." Ron spoke with a mouthful of food. "Will. You. Stop. Eating!" Hermione scolded him, hitting him after every word. "Your best friend is missing!" She continued to scold him about Harry. "Oi! Turn around, you lunatic." Ron said, looking at the door. Hermione spins around, seeing Harry and Luna approaching. In the light of the hall, Harry's blood spattered face. "He covered in blood again. Why is it he's always covered in blood." Ginny questioned. "Looks like his own this time." Ron spoke.

Lilac watched as Harry walked into the room with a look, if she just stayed... He wouldn't look like that. "Where've you been, Harry? And what happened to your face?" Hermione questioned Harry as he sat down with them. "Later... What've I missed?" Harry spoke before glancing towards his sister before looking at his friends. Ron shrugged, "Sorting hat urged us all to be brave and strong in these troubled times, easy for it to say, it's a hat, isn't it? First years seemed to enjoy it, though. Wankers. Filch give you the wand outside?" Ron ranted off. Harry nods to the question. Ginny damps a napkin in hand, she begins to dab his face with the napkin. She then feels awkward to do that. Harry takes the napkin from Ginny's hands. "Thanks." He mumbled. Just then, the light in the Hall begins to gently dim and all eyes turn to Dumbledore, standing at the top of the Hall, ashen hand raised to the ceiling, where clouds respond to his gestures and shows a full moon.

"What's happened to his hand?" Hermione questioned.

"The very best of evenings to you! First off, please join me in welcoming the newest member of our staff, Horace Slughorn." Dumbledore spoke. Applause echoes through the Hall. Harry claps perfunctorily, his eyes drift towards the entrance where a pair of Aurors station themselves outside. "Professor Slughorn, I'm happy to say, has agreed to resume his old post of Potions master. Meanwhile the post of Defense against the Dark Arts will be assumed by Professor Snape." Dumbledore spoke. This is greeted by stunned silence. Dumbledore frowns, then attempts to generate something by clapping his hands once. Lilac rolled her eyes before she starts clapping, a few Slytherins and some dim-witted First years. "Now, as you know, each and every one of you was searched upon your arrival tonight. You have a right to know why... Once there was a young man who, like you, sat in this very Hall. Walked this castle's corridors. Slept beneath its roof. He seemed, to all the world, a student like any other. His name? Tom Riddle." Dumbledore spoke. The Hall goes utterly silent at the fact Voldemort was here when he was young. "Today, of course, the world knows him by another name. Which is why, as I stand looking out upon you all tonight, I am reminded of a sobering fact. Each day, every hour, this very minute perhaps, dark forces attempt to penetrate this castle. But in the end, their greatest weapon remains... you." Dumbledore said as he glanced towards the Potter twins. Harry eyes Draco, who was slouched low, lazily levitating a fork with his wand. He wasn't even paying Dumbledore any attention. "Just something to keep in mind. Now, off to bed. Pip pip!" Dumbledore suddenly told the students. Lilac stood up before walking out of the Hall. "That was cheerful." Ron spoke before they walked off.

Hello Again. It's been a bit since I last updated. Sorry about that, life has been full of surprises and work to be honest. I want to keep updating and trying to write two chapters a week but I don't know if that schedule is going to work. I have a vacation in December which is good. Hope you enjoy this chapter

Also realized that the chapter fit so well without a Part two notice so... Imma leave it like how it is.