Chapter 1, Part VI

Chapter 1: Rats in a Cage, Part VI (Class Trial)

----

I couldn't believe it. She seemed like a well-meaning, if rather uncanny, young girl, and now here she was, having basically confessed to murder.

Noriko: (giggling) And you wonder why I'm called the Ultimate Stalker, don't you?

Daisuke: ...! So you knew your talent... and you kept it hidden from us, just so that you-

Noriko: Yeah, yeah, yeah. What's the big deal about it?

Daisuke: Do you feel any remorse for what you've done?!

Noriko: Nope! Then again, I know the rules. I want you alive.

Shion: You can't be serious... but... you are.

Yashiro: Sweet Jesus...

Shun: Uh, dudes?

Goh: What?

Shun: You know all those "yandere" you find in visual novels and anime alike?

Daisuke: Ye-yeah...

Shun: That bitch reminds me of them! Killing people just to have you all to herself!

Monokuma: Relax! At least she's not in a simulator!

Miyuki: I guess so...

Yae: Look, enough is enough! We might as well get rid of her right here, right now!

Monokuma: Already you've reached a consensus?

Miyuki: We have-

Kenji: Wait, wait, wait, hold on! Something doesn't add up here.

Daisuke: What about?

Kenji: I'm familiar with the legend, and I hope you're able to recall a massive inconsistency between Junpei's murder, and where Aka Manto is said to kill his victims.

Daisuke: ...

Kenji: Think back to the book. Can you remember any specific details?

----

(Logic Slide)

Question #1: Where is Aka Manto said to haunt?

Wrong Answer: The stalls in male bathrooms.

Right Answer: The stalls in female bathrooms.

Question #2: And where was Junpei's body found?

Wrong Answer: The girls' toilets.

Right Answer: The boys' toilets.

Question #3: Does that fit the legend of Aka Manto?

Wrong Answer: Yes, it does.

Right Answer: No, it doesn't.

BREAK!

----

Daisuke: I do, actually. Even though Aka Manto is said to haunt the stalls of girls' toilets only... if the legend was accurate here, then why was Junpei killed in the boys' toilets?

Yashiro: Because this demon you talk about thankfully does not exist!

Ringo: I've heard about these superstitions, and I can confirm that yes, it is accurate that if he exists, a big if, Aka Manto only haunts female bathrooms.

Shun: So, what can we assume from this? That somehow a boy got into the-

Monokuma: I really don't wanna read some article accusing me of shooting myself in the foot! Repeatedly! With a machine gun!