Chapter 3, Part IV

Chapter 3: Two Sides of the Same Coin, Part IV (Deadly Life)

----

*DING DONG BING BONG*

Monokuma: A body has been discovered! After a certain amount of time has passed, which you may use however you like, the Class Trial will begin!

I just stood there like a deer in the headlights, and so did Shun. Rather predictably, it took a while for the rest to find out where we were and catch up to us.

Goh: Well, at least there was that trail.

Sumire: Really? I fell for that yarn one-

Akihiro: That doesn't lead to the body, Ms. Takemi. I told you to follow the rocks.

Sumire: Well, sorry, I guess.

Noriko: Aww, what a shame...

Kenji: Miyuki is dead. Show some respect.

Sumire: (sigh) It's gonna take a while, isn't it?

Momiji: (nodding) Yes.

Yashiro: In that case, we might as well sever the plant at the root!

Shion: W-wait, how are you-

Yashiro: Confess, you sinner! Raise your guilty hand and accept your fate!

Nobody moved.

Kenji: Nobody wants to incriminate themselves.

Noriko: So I guess we will be doing this the hard way, ehehehe~

Kenji: Sumire, stay with Daisuke and Shion. Everyone else, we split up to cover more ground. Always be with at least two people to minimise risk. I think we all know.

Momiji: Of course, Kenji, we do know by now. We've been through this, three times? (sigh) Kaede never managed to investigate another...

Goh: Right then, should we go now?

Noriko: I'm not leaving you, Daisuke-kun! Never!

Momiji: Yes you are.

Noriko: No I'm not!

Goh: Look, I know you're a girl, but after what you've done, you step away from him or you'll be getting much worse than a knuckle sandwich!

Momiji: You're coming with us and that's final!

That's when he revealed himself by voice alone, our heads turning towards him.

Monokuma: Ah, so we're already squabbling, aren't we? I like it!

Yashiro: You!

Monokuma: Well, did you really think I'd get lost? For Pete's sake, I made this maze! Of course I know the layout!

Sumire: That's, uh, the least of our concerns right now. We don't even know where to start!

Monokuma: Now you do!

Angrily, he threw another black file onto the floor. I went over to pick it up.

Monokuma: You know the drill by now - so no more prompting! Adieu!

And in a flash, he was gone.

Momiji: Right, let's get down to business. You all remember my recommendations, don't you?

Ringo: We do, Momiji.

Momiji: Let's get to work!

Noriko: No way! I'm not leaving Daisuke-kun! Never!

Despite her protests, the groups were formed and ventured off to try and find solutions by themselves. Noriko was one of those to leave, or so I thought, but Sumire stayed - and so did Shion, in accordance to Kenji's orders. Now was the time to act.