Chapter 3, Part VII

Chapter 3: Two Sides of the Same Coin, Part VII (Class Trial)

----

Yet again, after we had briefly returned to our podiums to cast our votes, the screen behind Monokuma turned on again, depicting the spinning wheel. It landed on someone else this time - Yashiro, and the jingle and confetti were not unexpected. Especially after what he just did.

Yashiro Fujiwara, the Ultimate Televangelist, was the murderer of Akihiro Garaki, the Ultimate Librarian, who in turn had been the murderer of Miyuki Nagasu, the Ultimate Ice Skater.

Monokuma would kill him for taking the law into his own hands. At least he would be given some time to explain himself first.

----

Shun: Fuck, fuck, fuck! Fuck you!

Shion: Yashiro...

Kenji: Why would you do such a thing? All you had to do was wait for us to vote for Akihiro and then let him get executed. You've brought your death upon yourself, good Christian boy.

Goh: Yeah! Why the hell did you do that?!

Monokuma: Well, I think I warned you.

Yashiro: ...I did your job for you, didn't I?!

He pointed angrily towards the charred corpse that used to be Akihiro.

Yashiro: This son of perdition was about to be executed anyway! Why are you condemning me to death?! I did you all a favour by ridding this world of such a loathsome man!

Monokuma: Really? When I kill somebody, it's an execution. When any of you kill somebody, it's a murder. And what happens if you murder a murderer? Guess what!

Noriko: You become a murderer. Don't worry, Daisuke-kun, I'll never do such a thing.

Daisuke: Uh...

Monokuma: Nice going, you zealot. You just threw your life away for some petty vendetta.

Shun: ...!

Ringo: You do realise now that it could've easily been you?

Shun: (sigh) I think so.

Monokuma: Oh, go on, Yashiro. Pray to your God, or scream for help, or whatever.

Yashiro: Listen! I have no intention of amusing you, demon.

Monokuma: (imitating) "Please, stop! Help me, please! I don't wanna die! Mommy! Daddy! Naoya! Help me!"

Daisuke: What... was that voice? It sounded like a girl's...

Shion: Eh... that sounds familiar...

Momiji: No... it's not Kaede. It can't be Kaede.

Monokuma: That was my best Arisu Edogawa impression. She screamed those exact words as she was getting murdered by that gang she thought she could snoop on!

Daisuke: (Arisu Edogawa? From what Momiji told me, she's long dead... how does Monokuma know all about her demise?)

Monokuma: Are you gonna do the same for me, preacher man?