Chapter 2, Part IV

Chapter 2: Fear Itself, Part IV (Deadly Life)

----

Already? In the span of a few hours, Yae had gone from a respected member of the group to a pariah - enough for someone to kill her, apparently. But still, looking into her eyes, wide open...

Ringo: They'll be coming soon, won't they?

Daisuke: ...

A cacophony of other voices soon drowned out whatever we would say next. I turned around to see everyone else, barging past each other to look at the body.

Miyuki: Huh? Y-Yae...?

Shun: What the fuck? Who did this?

Kenji: ...

Shun: Was it you?

Kenji: No.

Shun: Then who the hell was it?!

Miyuki: Shun, please stay calm.

Akihiro: Oh. Ms. Hayabusa is dead. Figures.

Goh: Damn. I know what she did to Ringo, but still-

Ayaka: She's... dead? (sigh) Had a hunch.

Shion: No... Not again...

Kenji: I knew it would happen.

Noriko: Oh goodie! I've got everything I need to crack this case open-

Momiji: Really? Because you think you, as a murderer, can figure out this murder?! Shut up!

Noriko: Oh well, ehehe~

She looked at me, dead in the eyes.

Noriko: Sweetie! We could investigate this crime together, Daisuke-kun! Just you and me!

Daisuke: No!

Noriko: Why not?

Daisuke: Because you're quite clearly not someone I would feel safe around!

Noriko: Still bothered about your dear old dad?

Daisuke: Yes!

Kenji: He is. Cease at once.

Momiji: Listen up, everyone. We can't go around throwing wild accusations yet.

Miyuki: Everyone, please stay calm! Gather up in groups and check every area of interest!

Akihiro: Leave no stone unturned.

Monokuma: Good point, actually!

He had left the counter, and was walking towards us from across the room. He stopped to insult Yae's corpse.

Monokuma: Ooooh, second prize, eh? Let's admit, you always was a forgettable little idiot when you were alive!

Shion: Yae's dead-

Noriko: We know, you freak.

Monokuma: Oh well, you know what I've got in store for all of you!

He turned around in a flash and threw what appeared to be another black folder towards us. Although the entire crowd reached out for it, I was the one to catch it.

Monokuma: Another murder, another file! That's all I have to say, so I'll leave you all to it! Upupupu~

He dashed out after that, leaving us behind.

Momiji: Well, shall we do what must be done?

Kenji: Yes.

Sumire: Everyone, pair off with whoever you like. But Noriko, don't even think about staying in the same room as him!