Chapter 3, Part V

Chapter 3: Two Sides of the Same Coin, Part V (Class Trial)

----

Once again, the elevator stopped, and this time I almost fell to the floor out of shock. Yes, I did manage to retain my balance at the last moment, but it was hard to concentrate. Especially when Kenji was barking orders at me.

Kenji: Go! Now!

Daisuke: Alright, alright, no need to rush!

I complied and stumbled into the courtroom, following everyone else as they inspected the new look. The curtains were red again - a brighter red this time around. So were the columns. The walls were a darker shade of red, and the carpet was likewise. The floor was different again, too; it had gone back to the chess board pattern, but the black and white had been replaced with, you guessed it, red. Red, red, red everywhere.

Regarding the podiums, two more funeral portraits were there - one of Ayaka, the other of Miyuki. Another reminder that they were people that we used to know, now little more than memories. I stepped behind my own, and saw Monokuma on his throne.

Ringo: (gasp) Not you again!

Monokuma: I told ya all I'd be here.

Akihiro: I get you there. But can you explain why you keep changing the aesthetics every time we come here?

Monokuma: To mix things up. There's your answer!

Shun: Enough bullshit! Miyuki's dead!

Momiji: We know, and this hostility is going to get you killed sooner or later.

Noriko: Just give us the background, beary.

Monokuma: Right. You see, one of you has just put Miyuki's career on ice for good! And now it's your job to figure out who iced her. Rather simple, when you think about it!

Kenji: After all, we've already been through this.

Monokuma: Indeed!

Goh: Whoever killed her... they're gonna pay!

Monokuma: Too bad you only have, what? Three hours? Yup, three hours to figure out who did it and freeze the blackened!

Sumire: (giggling) I bet it will be-

Akihiro: And it is not funny, Ms. Takemi.

Sumire: I know! Miyuki didn't deserve to die, I know that!

Akihiro: Then why were you laughing?

Sumire: Because I'm crying inside.

Shion: ...C-can we-

Monokuma: Get it over with, you say? If you really wish to get yourself into a pickle, then I might as well provide!

Daisuke: Wait, already?!

Monokuma: Ladies and gentlemen, the Class Trial starts now! Upupupu~

----

Shion: Where do we even start? This is so confusing that I can't wrap my head around it.

Akihiro: Indeed. This is truly a mind-boggling case.

Kenji: We might as well start with the cause of death, and go from there. Does anyone else feel the same?

Momiji: I do.

Kenji: In that case, let us begin.

Daisuke: You're right!

----

(Non-Stop Debate)

Momiji: She was shot in the back of the head.

Yashiro: But was she already dead by then?