Chapter 2, Part II

Chapter 2: Fear Itself, Part II (Daily Life)

----

*DING DONG BING BONG*

Huh. Already I was beginning to lose track of time. And already, I was plagued by doubt. Monokuma said that nobody could find us... but what if they could, and for whatever reason, didn't? And of course, he said that it was broadcasted...

Those thoughts still lingered in my head as I washed and dressed myself for the day. I burst out of my bedroom, with a few faces greeting me.

Ringo: How are you doing?

Miyuki: Good morning, Daisuke! If you want breakfast, come meet us at the lunch hall, okay?

Daisuke: Okay.

Even some toast couldn't help those anxious feelings I was having right now. I felt safe, with everyone surrounding me, with Kenji being around to ensure that nobody got out of line - but Takeshi and Junpei were dead. Noriko was in our midst. For now, no help was coming. After I finished, I felt as though I needed to talk to somebody - anybody, just to make those thoughts go away.

Maybe he was a good option.

----

(Free-Time Event #5: Goh Hanma)

I thought it would be a good idea to go and talk to him - he seemed like a decent enough chap and I could feel safe around him. I took a guess, that he was at the gymnasium, and, of course, he was there, on his back, lifting weights. He put the barbell down and got up as he went to acknowledge me.

Goh: 'Sup?

Daisuke: Uh, hi.

Goh: What do you wanna talk about, bro?

Daisuke: You're the Ultimate Weightlifter, aren't you?

Goh: Of course I am, dude! Why's that?

Daisuke: How did you get there? I became the Ultimate Hikikomori because I never really ventured much outside my room before this...

Goh: Easy, dude. I became the Ultimate Weightlifter because of... of, uh, my friends.

Daisuke: Why the long face?

Goh: (sigh) Truth be told, my friends were douchebags. And I just knew that they were douches, but I rolled with 'cuz they were the only ones who bothered to be my friends.

Daisuke: So... I assume you were something of a delinquent?

Goh: Yeah. Yeah, I was before I came here. Y'know, did you attend high school before enrolling at Hope's Peak, dude?

Daisuke: No, I didn't.

Goh: Well, I did. That's how I met those, ahem, buddies of mine. We shared the same coach, and I got to admit - he was an enabler. They treated the girls like dirt, and the coach just egged them on! I mean, he was a grown-up, he was supposed to step in and help us, man!

Daisuke: And that's why you try and respect women.

Goh: Of course! I couldn't stand what they were doing, not after that day...! That was the last straw - and I had to wash my hands of 'em, for good.

Daisuke: What did they even do that you couldn't stand anymore?

Goh: That's a story for another time, dude. But after all that, I felt a bit happier starting all over again.

Daisuke: Eh?

Goh: I was my own man, now! I called all the shots! With them, they gave me hell for not wanting to join in, but now, I was free to do my own thing. Getting stronger, both in body - and in mind.