chapter 86- violets over roses

Rachel's p/v
I'm doing the breathing practices Hector told me to do. For the first time I don't feel like dying! This is working, I applaud myself. But that doesn't mean everything is solved. Mary won't stop. I sent her a message but she hasn't seen it. I think it's because they aren't done filming.

What's got me wondering is why she unblocked me. Perhaps she was going to message me as well? Whatever her motive is, I'm ready to fight.

Mary's p/v
"Do you need me to stick around for a bit?"
"Nah, we got it all covered. Go take a nap."
I hug Darry. "Goodnight, loser."
"Goodnight, grandma."
"You look cute in your diner outfit by the way."
"By the way, you told me that already."
"Just thought the first time wasn't emphasized enough."
"Thank you for saying it twice then. And you look stunning in your diner outfit too. No photos in it?"
"Nope. I'm just really tired. Goodnight, Darry."
"Goodnight, Mary."

Rachel's p/v
I rolled up a piece of paper and put pixie dust inside. No cigarettes for people under 21, absolute bullshit. If people like Darry can get packs and packs of them then there shouldn't be the stupid law. Smoking is bad, but wow does it look relaxing. More relaxing than staring at the stars on the curb. I'm not sleeping tonight.

Mary can make heads turn in the halls, so why does she feel the need to draw attention to herself? I still remember the days her and Tyler were a couple. She had him memorized while I died inside. And even though he had no feelings for her, there was a spark that made him even consider her as a potential girlfriend. How can I blame him? Mary is so pretty. But now she's just a bitch.

Mary's p/v
"Wake up sleepy head."
I sit up and rub my eyes. "What happened?"
Jenna sits at the edge of my bed. She grabs a slice of pizza from a box on my bed.
"Do you want a slice?"
"No, I want to know how I ended up here. Last time I remembered I was napping on a chair."
"Darry carried you to the bus. He also carried you to bed. I only woke you up because the party isn't over! But if you want to sleep go ahead."
"Party? You guys are throwing a party?"
"A small party. We're all in Darry's room. So do you want to join us?"
"Let me freshen up first. Mind helping me choose an outfit?"
"I don't mind! But we better hurry before Aiden finishes all the chips. He's already on his fifth slice of pizza. So do what you want to wear?"
"I was thinking of wearing my Harley Davidson sweatshirt with my black and purple floral midi skirt. The purple on the skirt matches the purple on my sweatshirt."
"Wear your black docs too!"
"Great idea! I'm going to fix my makeup. You can head back to the party if you want."
"Alright, meet you there!" Jenna grabs the pizza box and walks out of the room. Now where did they leave my phone?

Tyler's p/v
I stare at Declan who's walking back and forth. Fuck this shit.
Declan looks up from his phone. "Rachel isn't answering my phone calls."
"She isn't answering mine either. I can't believe Mary did that. My poor girl is probably stressed the fuck out. I knew I should have convinced her to stay at Sage's place."
"Wait, she isn't with Sage right now?"
"No, she's home alone."
"Are you kidding me? We can't even ask Quinn to check up on her because they aren't friends."
"Wouldn't hurt to ask."
"Rachel wouldn't even answer the door to her. Maybe she's asleep?"
"Hopefully she's asleep. I would leave New York just to be with her right now."
"She's independent, she can do fine on her own. But all the times Mary fucked her up she was a hot mess. Do you think she's learning how to control her emotions?"
"I doubt it. If anything she'll feel more alone because she doesn't have anyone to contact."
"Fuck Sage's new sleep schedule. Who even sleeps at 1 in the morning anymore?"

Mary enters the room with a camera in one hand and a blanket in the other.
"Apparently Mary doesn't. She was better off in her room far away from us." I whisper to Declan.
"Since when did you have hard feelings towards her?"
"I opened my eyes and saw how toxic she is."
Declan shakes my hand. "Welcome to the club."
"Who are the members?"
"Me, Jasmine, literally anyone who's smart. I don't feel like staying in this room anymore. It's getting crowded and they're gonna wonder why we're in the corner."
"Do you want to talk in the lobby?"
"Let's talk about film, Tyler." Declan puts his hands together as if he was going to pray.
"Film is hot, Declan. Let's go."
Declan and I start walking out of the room. We run into Aiden.
"Where are you dudes going! The party is that-away!" Aiden grabs our hands and walks us back in.
"Hey pal we're trying to leave."
"Not yet, Declan. We're going to play truth or dare."
Declan groans. "Do we have to?
"Yes! It's mandatory."
"Says who."
"Says me, now let's move it!" Aiden pushes me next to Mary. She looks up at me and half smiles. I ignore her and turn to Declan.
"Alright, who's going first?" Aiden asks.
Wyatt raises his hand. "Truth or dare, Tyler."
I sigh. "Dare."
"Hmmm, ok. I dare you to break up with Rachel over the phone."
"Excuse me? You want me to break-"
"Yes, break up with her. You can get back together with her after the game."
"Just do the dare, don't think about long term effects."
"That's just normal behavior coming from you, Mary."
Her eyes widen. "Pardon?"
"Nothing. Fuck you, Wyatt, I'm not doing the dare."
"Then you have to face the consequences."
"I'll face any consequence."
"Are you sure you don't wanna do the little dare?"
"It's little to you because you don't have a girlfriend."
"I don't have a girlfriend, yes, but it doesn't make my judgement invalid in the slightest. Since you have offended me, your punishment won't be so easy my friend."
"I don't care, my friend. Just give me a punishment already! I don't even wanna be in this fucking room."
"Hey Tyler, you ok bud? So aggressive all of a sudden."
"Feeling better than ever, leprechaun."
"I thought we left that name in the past." Bowie mumbles.
"You want the hard punishment? Fine, I've got the perfect cure for your behavior. You're going to dunk your head into cold water. In the shower we go." Wyatt walks into the bathroom. I follow him inside. He turns the water on.
"Go ahead, dunk your head in."
"Eh, I've got nothing to lose." I go straight in. Everyone starts to laugh.
"Shows over, he enjoyed it a little too much." Wyatt turns off the water.
"Tyler, you can pick who gets to go next."
"Declan can go next. Can someone hand me a towel?"
Aiden passes me a towel. I start drying my hair
"You're going to pull out your hair the way you're drying it." Wyatt laughs.
I give the towel to Aiden. "That sounds like a me problem now doesn't it?"
"Do you have a problem with me because it sounds like you do."
"It sounded different in my head. I think you're just looking for conflict."
"We were all having a good o'l time until you started getting defensive over everything."
"We were having a good o'l time until you joined film club."
"I literally joined 2 days after you joined but ok dude."
"Both of you are acting fucking 5. Can we go back to playing the game?" Bowie puts his arm around me and Wyatt.
"Oh yes because we are all just itching for more problems with people. Get your arm off of me dude." I push Bowie away.
Wyatt looks at me. "You're the one creating problems dude. Stop taking everything so seriously."
"I think YOU should back off." I shove him.
"I think YOU should shut up, Tyler. Cut it out." Darry yells.
"Like I'm going to listen to the guy who loves to torment people."
Aiden steps forward. "Can you guys stop already? We're in a hotel room, not a mosh pit in fucking Ohio."
Wyatt sighs. "I suppose we can ease the tension by playing another round. No one get offended, ok?"
He walks out of the bathroom. I raise my arm to hit him but Bowie lowers it. I'm not one to be aggressive, I'm never aggressive. But too much has happened tonight to just let it go.