chapter 29-morning sex

October 7th, 2019
Rachel's p/v
I may or may have not stalked Tyler's Instagram account last night. His most recent post had me screaming inside. I'm the worst girlfriend America has ever had to deal with in their country. Please, I just rather have Kyle break up with me. Ideally, he'd cheat on me. But he would never do that, not because it's the bare minimum, but because he's really into me. No matter how many times I think about the situation, my resolution never approaches. After last night's nightout I need a coffee.

Darry's p/v
I was on the phone with Katrina at like 3 am because she was so tipsy, and everyone knows tipsy people spill the truth. So Rachel lied to me AND came home way later than I told her to. All this for a sore neck and heart broken. How could she take advantage of my trust? Is this the part where I punish her?
"Good morning." I say, breaking the silence.
"We've literally been eating for like 5 minutes already."
"I know, that's why I said it. Are you excited for school?"
Rachel rolls her eyes. "Don't remind me. I have a stupid math test."
"Awesome cool, so about last night...what time did you get home?"
"I don't remember, but you were fast asleep when I got home."
"I stayed up past 11 pm. Maybe that'll spark your memory."
"You didn't stay up past 11. I got home around 10:20 ish."
"Ahhh, so you do remember."
"Not entirely, I only said 10:20 ish because you wanted me home in 10 minutes. I remember being proud of myself for following your orders."
I sigh. "Rachel, are you sure? You're not just bullshitting me, right?"
"I'm saying nothing but the truth. You know I would never lie to you."
I push my plate away from me. "We should get going. I have some stuff to take care of before second period."
"Oh, ok. If you want I can take the bus."
"Yeah, that would be great." I quickly say.
"Alright then. See you at school." Rachel takes her bowl to the sink and then walks to her room. I sprint to the bathroom and lock the door. It's time like these where I miss my cigarettes.

My stress revolves around Rachel. Am I guiding her right? Am I a reinforcer? Am I strict enough? Am I lenient enough? I'm not 40, I'm 18. I'm just a kid. I make mistakes, I don't follow my brain, and I haven't decided what I wanna do with my life. Despite this, I'm paying the bills, I'm raising my little sister, and I'm attending school. I'm no longer a kid. I can't think like one anymore. My parents robbed me of my teen and young adult life hood. They're the real stress creators.

Rachel's p/v
The bus took so long that I arrived late to class. No one should go through the stare down of their peers, especially by the person they dislike. Mary can't keep her focus to herself. On the contrary, my unexpected presence did distract her. The person in front of her was trying to pass down a stack of pages. They ended up purposely hitting Mary on the head. That's what she gets for messing with me.

Her outfit is pretty cute though and appropriate for the weather. Burnt orange turtleneck, blue row rise flared jeans, beige belt with a dark brown brass circle in the middle, black pointy heeled boots, and a black mini bag. Velma 2.0 It's a bit chilly out but nothing that requires a sweater. That's why I'm rocking my Smokey the Bear t-shirt and blue mom jeans. I hate wearing sweaters.

Ok, the math test absolutely fucked me over. I just wanna get the hell out of here. The study guide was nothing like the test. Fuck my life. I go to open the door but a hand is placed at the exact same time as mine. I look behind me. Tyler looks at me at the same time. We awkwardly smile. I open the door and let everyone behind me go. Tyler flashes a smile at me. Mary follows right behind him. Walmart Velma.

I never noticed how bright Tyler's smile is. Same with his eyes, those sunshine eyes. They glisten whenever he smiles. And whenever he wears black or dark green, his crystal eyes sparkle as if they're getting paid well to do it. This is why I'm awarded the worst girlfriend of the century.

Mary's p/v
"Darry!" I yell from across the hall. I never yell in public but screw it, this is more important than my awkwardness.
"What's up? I was just about to look for you actually."
"Wait, you where? Why?"
"You kinda found me first so please tell me what I can help you with."
"Oh, I was just gonna ask if you wanted to take some photos for my new club. Ben and I created photography club."
"Shit, you're the president? I was gonna ask if you wanted to take photos with me."
"So you've seen my posters around school."
"Yup. I absolutely love them, especially the glitched out shrek photo you used for one of them."
I laugh. "Thank you. So that does that mean you accept my offer?"
"Only if you accept mine."
"Let's go take some photos then, shall we?"
Darry smiles. "We shall." I have my friend back, but it looks like he wanted me back too.