chapter 14- sweet tooth

August 16th, 2019
Rachel's p/v
Mary sits in her chair and immediately takes out her tiny mirror. Can't that girl go without checking herself out every hour? She looks ok, I don't see the reason to be constantly looking. Her parents must love it when she goes to school. There's probably a mirror in every corner of their house.
"Did you get my text last night, Tyler?"
"I did. So Leah is off the market..."
"Yeah, sorry about that. Apparently Luis Valli confessed his feelings to her last night. Those two were in the talking stage, but to Leah, nothing was happening. Not until last night."
"It's alright, I wasn't that crazy about her."
Mary looks up from her mirror. "So does that mean you're on the market?"
"I suppose it does."
"I really like your outfit, Mary!" A girl next to Mary says.
"Aw, thank you! I like yours too." Mary giggles. Her outfit is nice, I'll give her that. But her flirting skills is so bad. She just doesn't have that spark in her eye.

Mary is wearing a vintage brown gingham dress with a pink flower in the front of the collar, black platform boots, and a black long strap bag. Her outfits just keep getting better and better.
"I'm honestly glad Leah didn't keep toying with my feelings. People deserve to know the truth."
Mary shrugs. "In my opinion, Leah should have told you that she was in a talking stage. I mean, talking stages are nothing official, but it's something to mention when flirting with other people."
"I'm still glad she told you to tell me. It would've been better if she had said it herself, but we didn't exchange numbers or anything. Good to know there's some respectable girls."

I roll my eyes. Tyler is only saying that because I danced with Jasper. He shouldn't be mad, him and I aren't in a talking stage or anything. Plus, Ricardo and I aren't together anymore. He needs to cut it out before I cut it out for him.

Darry's p/v
"Darry," Mary tries to catch her breath, "can I talk to you for a second?"
"Now? My friends and I were just about to-"
"It'll only be a second."
I look at Nigel and Hector. They shrug. I look back at Mary. "Ok, what is it?"
"Remember the girl you were dancing with yesterday?"
"Selma? Yeah, of course I remember. What about her?"
"Selma has a boyfriend. My friend Leah told me."
"That makes a lot more sense now. Selma refused to give me her number. Thank you for telling me this."
"No problem. I saw that you were disappointed so I thought I'd do a little research for you."
"I appreciate it. See you, Mary."
"Bye." Mary smiles and walks away
"What's up with you and that girl huh?" Nigel asks.
"Nothing. She told me that Selma is taken."
"We weren't born yesterday, Darry. That girl is crushing on you hard."
"You're dreaming, Hector. Mary only sees me as a friend."
"If that's the case, then why does she talk to you so much? I always see you with her."
"Because she likes my presence? Ever thought of that?"
"She likes you dude. Trust me."
"Can we talk about something else? Mary doesn't interest me whatsoever."
"Good. I see her as a little annoying sophomore."
"Me too." Hector nods.
"Can we go now?"
"You're the one driving dude."
"Buckle up then dude!"
Hector laughs. Nigel flips me off. How could they think that Mary has a crush on me? It's clear as day that she's into Tyler. I'm not necessarily fond of the idea, because I know Rachel likes him, but hey at least Rachel won't be getting into a relationship anytime soon. I overheard Rachel's breakup with Ricardo. Life just got a lot more better.

Rachel's p/v
We've been going over the choreograph for the past hour. Now we're going to put everything together. Mary, Tyler, and I are in front of everyone, but obviously not blocking them. The music plays.
"Woah, I want to know where I can go. When you're not around and I'm feeling down. Won't you stay for a moment so you can say?" Mary sings.
Tyler starts singing. "I, I need you so. Cause right now you know that is nothing is new, and I'm obsessed with you."
I sing. "Then I fell to the ground and she smiled at me and said."