chapter 100-heart of an angel

February 11th, 2020
Rachel's p/v
"Can you turn down the volume? My parents will realize we're awake."
Declan grabs the remote from the book shelf. He accidentally drops it on the floor.
"If they weren't woken up by the movie then they surely were woken up by that."
"Have some faith, Rach. Ok but what if they do catch us awake, will they get mad?"
"Mad for so many reasons. We're awake at 4 am, there's a boy in my room, and we took the last of the chex mix."
"Declan is Declan though."
His head shoots back. "What's that supposed to mean?"
Rosetta giggles. I run my hands through her hair. No bad hangover, but left with a few knots.
"Do you guys want to hang out after school? I've been dying to go bowling." Jasmine asks.
"Oooh, count me in. Imagine the short film I can direct there."
"Enjoy the moment, Declan. Take a social media break like moi."
"You literally posted an up close picture of Rachel's face on your story."
"Memories of Rachel are the only exception."
I yawn. "Guys I don't think I'll be able to stay up for the movie. I'm heading to bed." I curl up into a ball and close my eyes.
"Night, Rach. Wake you up in 2 hours." Declan whispers. Mimimimi.

Mary's p/v
"I used to do this with your mother all the time. How were we never caught? We were just too sneaky."
"Watch movies at 5 am until it's time for school. Should I even go? The jet lag is killing me."
"You don't have to, but you'd be missing 3 days of school. I know you're a smart kid but you already have to catch up on assignments, another absent day might not do you well."
"I want to go but only cuz I miss my friends. They were at a party last night and it looked like so much fun. I am not a party person but I felt left out."
"New York is better than any high school party, trust me. I goofed off so much that I was banned from 5 houses."
"You were a party animal? What's with the portrayal of an elegant father from the 50s who surprisingly used to be a teenage dirtbag?
"Well you acted the same way with me. But now we're on pals level basis. Also, I'm more of a 60s type of guy. Give me a bottle of wine and I'll list why 1962 was a bad year for vw."
"Give me a bottle of wine and I'll list why Steven King's Carrie is literally me if I went through with disobeying my mother by unblocking Jonathan from everything."
"The root of your rebellious phase. Let's not talk, we're missing the movie."
"Ok John Hughes nerd."
"Acting like you never begged me to play this in the background while you did your 5th grade math homework."
"Ferris Bueller is who I would've turned out to be if I had snuck out of gym class in middle school. The streets of Maryland are so tasty."
"Precisely."

Darry's p/v
"Can you do that for us?"
Jacob throws his arms up in the air. "No! I can't sing or dance."
"But you can learn! C'mon Jacob, do it for your cousin." Sage puts her arm around him.
"How do you guys expect me to learn how to sing and dance so soon! I can't even hold a note."
"I'll teach ya. So what do you say?"
He sighs. "Will you actually?"
"Yes! All the Queen songs for you."
"Excellent. We have ourselves a deal then."
"Give me an American cigarette and we have a deal."
"No, Darry doesn't-"
I grab a cigarette from my jacket pocket. I then hand him a lighter from my other pocket. He lights his cigarette and let's out the smoke in Sage's face.
"I'm ready."

Rachel's p/v
Watching movies super super early in the morning requires a disguise to hide the tiredness. That's why we all agreed to wear the same thing. I'm wearing my white long sleeve top, black leather jacket, dark blue flared jeans, and black docs. Jasmine is wearing a white knitted turtleneck, black leather jacket, dark blue mom jeans, and black/white converse. Rosetta is wearing a white crop top, black leather jacket, dark blue bell bottoms, and black platform boots. Declan is wearing a white John Huges graphic t-shirt, black leather jacket, dark blue jeans, and black/white converse. I haven't thought about my outfits or other people's outfits in so long. Sure hope this doesn't backfire! At least we all have black sunglasses to make us feel cool. It's helping a little bit.
"The most original person is here." Declan says. I take off my sunglasses and look forward. Jenna and Nina are running up to Mary. They pick her up and carry her to an empty area on the grass. I spoke too fucking soon. Her outfit??? Vintage black velvet coat with a leopard print collar and cuffs, black tight fitting dress, black opaque leggings, black channel purse, and leopard print strappy wedges heels. Did a fucking New york 1920s vintage bus hit her or something?
"Take me out of these clothes."
"No, Rach, you were doing so good. Mary is so basic. I can find like 20 pictures of that exact photo on any vintage 2012 blog."
"Those heels give her no inches, she looks like a kid wearing her mom's clothes."
Rosetta let's out a laugh. Declan mods and high fives Jasmine.
"No, I look like I'm wearing my mom's clothes-and I don't even have a mom! Yes I was doing so good in not comparing ourselves but she's gone for one day and returns as the most fashion person you have ever met. Like where does she get the money? Favoritism for real."
"Just don't let this bring you down. Not everyone likes vintage shit, it's out dated for a reason."
"I have to disagree, Jasmine. Vintage is really in, but it is basic. Everyone wears vintage clothing so they're not special or unique."
"The only vintage clothing in is y2k shit and people would flip if you call it vintage. I appreciate you guys trying to make me feel better but let's be honest; Mary's fashion is one of a kind. I'm not going to complain, I'm not going to cry. It's alright with me."
"This is called maturing. Mary can learn a thing or two from you."
"Oh, definitely. Girl can't get mad at you for posting something that's been popular for decades."
"But she does and I just hope she stops. If she attacks me one more time I don't think I'll be able to contain myself."
"Remember, you have to play your cards right. You have no reason to get defensive because you're just living your life. Make her seem pathetic. She's arguing with the wall."
"You're onto something, Declan. I'm going to treat her like Darry," I smile, "both of them don't exist."