chapter 38-i'm gone

November 13th, 2019
Rachel's p/v
It's so gloomy today. I'm still in my room, just admiring the clouds from my window. I better bundle up or else I'm going to come home with a cold.

Today's outfit is so fucking good, the weather is responsible for this. My green dress, Darry's vintage dark brown jacket that is oversized on me, black opaque tights that I bought yesterday, and my brand new black docs! Fall wardrobe is my niche. I also have my hair in two messy braids. So fucking good.

"Do you think it's going to rain?" I ask Darry. Almost everyone has an umbrella with them.
"Weather app says no chance, but the percentage is 70 for tomorrow. The entire week is going to be cloudy."
"And sad. I love it."
"Right. Don't forget you have a doctor's appointment after school so no hang outs."
"Don't worry, none from me today. See ya." I get out of the car and close the door.

I enter the cafeteria. Declan is sitting at the front table. He's laying his head on the table. I sit next to him and lay my head next to his.
"I'm tired."
"Who are you."
"Shut up."
Declan shortly laughs. He lifts his head up. "What time did you sleep last night?"
"1. What about you?"
"5 am."
"5 am? Dude you get up at 5:50!"
"Please don't yell at me, I have a splitting headache."
"What were you even doing at 5 am?"
"Working on a film I procrastinated on. My life is going to shit."
"Well that's on you. Do you want me to get you a juice?"
"Yes, thank you sir." Declan rubs his eyes. I stand up and walk behind the person in front of me. Fuck long lines, but also fuck cutting. I have respect.

I walk back to the table and put the apple juice in front of Declan's face.
"Thank you," He sits up and opens the carton, "you look cute today. Gives me Willow vibes."
"What's willow vibes?"
"Fall. A literal willow. Your name could be Willow with that outfit."
"Willow is a nice name."
"Mhm."
I rub Declan's back. "Take a quick nap dude."
"Just a quick one."
"The quickest one."
"Goodnight." He says as he lays his head on the table. I put my elbow on the table and rest my chin in my hand. I use my right hand to play with Declan's hair.

I'm so glad my seat in math is right next to a window, I get to stare at the clouds for another 40 minutes. Mary and Tyler aren't here yet. I don't like walking in when they're talking to each other, it's awkward. Let's just hope she doesn't have an excuse to look at the ground, specifically at my direction.
"I'm sorryyyy!" Tyler groans. Oh my gosh, a fight?
"I'm not asking for an apology, I just want you to reflect on what you did."
"Either way, I'm sorry I didn't defend you. Next time I will come prepared with spears and torches."
"I forgive you, but please don't let your silence happen again. I'm tired of entitled strangers."
"You'll get back at them someday. Why don't you tell me about your experience at the nail salon? My mom gets her nails done there and she says that the people there are unprofessional."

Tyler didn't defend Mary? Interesting. I also really want my nails done now. I wonder what Mary's nails look like. Her and Tyler switched seats again. I rip out a small piece of paper from my notebook, shape it into a ball, and walk over to the trash can. I drop it into the trash can and look up. I can see her outfit from here, but not her nails. She's wearing a white baby tee with a Ed Hardy graphic on it, black baggy jeans, vintage red leather jacket, black docs, and a black messenger bag. If my outfit gives off willow vibes then hers gives off fucking Snooki x racer vibes.

I slowly walk back to my seat and glance at Mary's hand. Luckily for me, her hand is on her bottle. She has a Marilyn Monroe bottle! It's a black bottle with the image of Marilyn's iconic red dress blowing in the wind. Anyway, her nails are a coffin shape with glitter all over, and at the tips it's this red pink color. I am absolutely in love.