chapter 8- teenage blues

August 8th, 2019
Rachel's p/v
This morning was a little rough, but I made it out alive. Darry read the letter and promised me he'll never say things like that ever again. We'll see how long that promise lasts  Now I'm scribbling in my notebook because there's nothing else to do in this damn class. Mary and Tyler are talking about going thrifting one day. Both of their outfits were supposedly thrifted.
I love thrifting. Literally my entire closet is from the thrift store. Why am I joining in on the conversation in my head and not in real life? Because Mary intimidates me, and so does Tyler. The two belong in Vogue. THEIR OUTFITS MAN.

Mary is sporting a black crop top peasant blouse, a body-con black mini skirt, platform black boots, and a dark red heart shaped bag that matches her dark red nails and red heart necklace. It also kinda matches her hair since her hair color is like a red-brown color. The bruise on her knee is still there. Her outfit doesn't compare to mine at all.

I'm wearing my smokey the bear shirt, blue mom jeans, white slip on vans, and my Kanken backpack. I'd love to raid her closet, and Tyler's. Tyler's outfit is so damn cool, it reminds me of a model-off duty look.

Tyler is rocking a dark red turtleneck long sleeve, a white and black vintage bomber jacket, black ripped jeans, and black boots. He doesn't have a backpack on him, just a binder. Mary carries her binder in her arms too. Their outfits were seriously made for each other. Wow.
"I love the way my nails turned out. Do you, Tyler?"
"Yeah, red is a nice color. Do you like my black chipped nails?"
Mary giggles. "Interesting choice of design. Next time you should go for a blue chipped look."
"What color are your nails, Rachel?" Tyler asks.
I look at my nails. "Natural nail color."
"You should paint your nails white. I feel like it's your color."
"What's my color, Tyler?"
"Red, definitely."
"That's what my friend Vivian said. I literally own the color red."
"I'm sure you do. So Rachel, I was thinking that after school we could-"
"Wait, Tyler, I'm sorry to interrupt you but you have to check this out."
Tyler sighs. "Alright, what am I seeing?"
Mary hands him her phone. Tyler laughs.
"Isn't it hilarious?"
"It's more than hilarious, it's beautiful. John Lennon is something else."
"Are our plans for the show choir protest still on?"
"Oh yeah, I'll meet you outside the cafeteria at brunch."
"What were you going to ask me, Tyler?"
"I was going to-"
"Everyone please pull out a sheet of paper and do the questions on the board." The teacher says.
"I'll tell you at brunch. Tyler whispers in my ear.
"That'll have to wait. The meeting, remember?" Mary says. Lemme just push her off her chair.
"Yes, I remember. But it's not like we're going to spend the entire time in the office."
"You never know."
"How about you tell me at lunch?"I ask.
"I can't, I have to talk to my counselor. Perhaps after school?"
"Ok."
Mary crosses her arms. I'm not competition to her...am I?

Darry's p/v
"Lunch is on me. Don't move."  Nigel says.
I laugh. "You know what I'm allergic to, right?"
"Of course I know what you're allergic to! I literally fed you watermelon the first time we met."
"Ahhh, I remember it like it was yesterday. We should reminisce more often."
Nigel shakes his head. "The trauma comes with reminiscing."
"Go grab us food then."
"You know what I will!" Nigel turns aroud and walks away, revealing Mary. She's walking towards me, but she's looking somewhere else. Please don't talk to me please don't talk to me please don't talk to me.

Mary pushes back her glasses. "Hey Darry, why so lonely? You're like Squidward from that one episode of Spongebob."
"Not lonely, just waiting for my friend to get us lunch."
"I'm surprised you're eating lunch on campus. A rare sighting to see a senior joining the common folk on these grounds."
"Just wanted to go back to my roots I guess."
Mary looks at the seat next to me. "Mind if I sit?"
"I don't mind. Not my seat anyway."