chapter 98-love my way

February 9th, 2020
Rachel's p/v
"Are you sure this looks good on me?"
Rosetta turns my body towards her mirror. "You look good in everything, Rachel. Embrace your beauty. I would kill for your eyes and hair."
"Your clothes make any person feel pretty. How do you develop your style?"
"Make a Pinterest board of what you like. I see you as a Brandy Melville girly. And I know their pieces aren't cheep, but you can easily thrift."
"Thrifting is in my blood. I rarely bought clothes in elementary school. The principle let me pick out whatever I wanted from the lost and found at the end of the school year. Now that we actually have money, I feel weird buying clothes. I absolutely hate my wardrobe."
"One of these days I'm taking you thrifting. But let's get you to school first. Tell everyone you have a personal stylist and that it's me."
"Your name will be everywhere. I had so much fun last night dude. May more sleepovers come."
"We'll make sure if it. I'm leaving Maryland for college so we have to make our time count."
"It's still early in the year so we have nothing to worry about! Let's get to school."
Rosetta puts a strand of hair behind my ear. "I know you're scared, Rachel. Don't be. Your brother isn't going anywhere without you."
"I used to worry about that, not so much anymore. Darry will be glad to get away from me. I don't ever plan on leaving Maryland until I graduate. Darry can leave, I won't stop him."
"Hey hey, don't say that. You and Darry clearly need to have that conversation. This is a big decision that involves you too. You may not care now, but when it's time for him to leave you will care, and a shit ton."
"Ok, so Darry won't care. Are you like in love with him because you defend him a lot."
Rosetta turns the other way. "Pst, no. I just want to protect you guys. Nothing should break you guys apart."
"Hate to say it, but neither of us care enough to fix anything. Darry won't break up with Mary and I won't accept her. If we're going to be silent with each other for the rest of our lives then so be it. I'm used to it."
"But you don't like it. You guys need each other, Rachel. One day you guys are going to regret not fixing things sooner."
"Yeah, when we're old as shit and still on silent mode. Let's get gas in your car before you're forced to run red lights."
"Just think about it, Rachel. I'll be right back, I need to water my plants." Rosetta touches my shoulder and walks out the room. There's nothing to think about. Don't know how many times it will take for people to understand that Darry and I don't care about each other anymore. Whatever sibling bond we had is gone and I'm fine with it being that way.

Mary's p/v
I know who the mole is. Don't know what I expected coming from such a cool and hot girl. Rosetta is so fucking fake. She tried to get on my good side just to end up being Rachel's intimate friend.