chapter 95-lover

February 6th, 2020
Rachel's p/v
"You think this is cute?" I lift up a green/blue dress. Jasmine gasps. "Rachel, that is so cute! You have to try it on."
"The girl said it's the only dress left in stock too. Darry is the goat for giving me $50 spend on a dress."
"Does this mean you guys are on good terms?" She says with a smile.
"Nope!"
"Worth a try."
Someone taps me on the shoulder. I turn around.
"What do you think you're doing with that dress?" Emma crosses her arms.
"Going to try it on? The reason people go to the mall?"
"Quinn saw it first. Hand it over."
I smile at Quinn. "Did you now! Well if you want you can tell me. Don't send your sister to talk for you."
"We came here before you. I saw the dress first. Emma got distracted, but we're here now. Give me the dress."
"C'mon, you can do better than that. Why should I give you the dress? The employee even said it would look hot on me."
"And not on me? Someone is clearly blind."
"Your pathetic attempt to fire back is adorable. I'm not letting go of this dress," I look across the store, "on second thought, have it." I drop it on the floor and run over to the mannequin. Holy astronomy.
"Changed your mind?" The employee laughs.
"Do you have a small in this dress?"
"Sure do. I'll go get it for you." She walks away. Jasmine runs up to me. I lift up the sleeve. So so cute.
"Fell in love with this one?"
"Just look at the dramatic sleeve. This paired with my red heels! I scored."
"You're going to be the most beautiful girl at the party. Pray I have the same luck with finding a dress."
"Fuck Declan, you're wearing white. Ignore all men!"
"But wasn't your original plan with Tyler to wear black?"
"He said if I find any other color then it's ok, he'll match. I technically chose to go back to black."
"You're right, you're right. Then let's find me a white dress. Also, what the fuck is wrong with Emma and Quinn? I stayed trying to knock sense into them but Emma just laughed in my face."
"There's no knocking sense into their heads. They're not the delight sisters, they're the delusional sisters."
"They're a delight at all. Didn't you say they're grounded? Why are they looking for dresses."
"Emma is going to the party no matter what. But Quinn surprises me to be honest. She used to never disobey her mom. I can't complain though, I disobey Darry a lot. But for a good reason! He's so unfair."
"You have a point."
"Here is your dress. Let me know if you need anything!"
I smile at the dress. My precious baby.

Drake's p/v
I take a sip of my water. "Alright, that should be enough for today."
"Don't you mean forever? We finished and went through everything."
"Sure. You think we're the first ones done practicing?"
"Definitely. Rachel told me that Darry and Mary haven't practiced yet. We're on top."
"Sick. So," I play with my shirt, "you going to the party?"
"Mhm. I'm going with Piper. You?"
"I'm going with my friend. She was invited by Aiden actually."
"Cool. Well I have to go now, I promised Piper we'd shop for our outfits together."
"I'll see you at the party then."
"Yeah. See you." He picks up his tote bag from the couch and walks into the hallway. I jump onto the couch and scream into the pillow.

Tyler's p/v
"Has Andrew said anything since the hospital incident?"
"Nope. I hope Andrew is gone forever. He made that day extremely awkward."
"I did too, huh."
I stop walking. "Kyle, we've been over this. The problem is with Andrew now."
"But should there be a problem now? Don't ruin your relationship with Rachel."
"Rachel can be friends with anyone she wants," I say as we continue walking, "she can even be friends with Andrew, I honestly wouldn't mind. But I rather he stay away. I don't want to be possessive, and nor do I think she'd leave me for him, but I just need to be safe. I can't reach out to him though. You see why this is a problem?"
"Do you want me to ask him what he wants with Rachel? And if Andrew snitches we'll say it was my idea. I was more curious than you."
"No, I think we should be honest. Rachel hasn't talked to or Andrew. How can any of us be friends if there's no communication or honesty?"
"Andrew and I commented on her post like a bunch of idiots. She's mad at us and we're over here acting like intimate friends."
"She isn't mad at you guys, just disappointed in me. But like I said, everything is ok. She talked to you yesterday and didn't scold you. But I'm dying to know what she thinks of Andrew."
"Hopefully that he's annoying as shit."
"Why do you say that?"
"He dated Heather, big no no. And he literally pushed us!"
"To be fair, we all pushed each other."
"Yeah, but it made sense for us. Andrew is new here."
"And the last one. I don't want any trouble with Rachel's male friends. The two of us are going to be the best chumps, ok?"
"All the way. Truce?"
"Truce. How long have we been walking for? I swear these stupid oxford shoes gave me like 50 blisters."
Kyle checks his watch. "10 minutes."
I look at our surrounding. Fuck, we're still in my neighborhood.