|𝟙𝟛|

───── ❝ TRUST ❞ ─────

Do you trust me?

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈✁━━━━━━━━━━━

Everything that came after the incident was a blur. You kept blinking in and out of consciousness and were never able to really figure out what was going on. At one point you thought you were getting carried. You figured at another point you were in an ambulance? You sure hoped you were in one, but then suddenly everyone was yelling. You truly lost consciousness after that.

~

The girl's black hair stuck to her face from running in the rain. All the hard work she did to get herself to look nice for the festival has gone down the drain, but she could care less. She kept making determined strides to her destination until she stopped in front of a door where a group of people had gathered.

Takemichi and Draken stood with their heads on the ground, looking solemn. The four boys, who Aiko simply recognized as schoolmates, stood with them, battered and bruised. Takemichi finally looked up, hearing the footsteps approaching. "Huh? Hina... Emma-chan... Aiko...chan..." He was at a loss for words at the ravenette's expression.

"How is she?" Aiko questioned, eyes boring holes into Takemichi's own.

"She... she went into cardiac arrest in the ambulance..." Takemichi muttered.

At those words, Aiko took in a deep breath before she broke out into a violent cough. Hina looked worriedly at her and began to gently pat her back. When Aiko recovered, she kept her eyes on the ground, "I... I see..."

With nothing else to say, she walked over to the chairs by the wall and took a seat. Hina and Emma followed her, grabbing one of her hands each as they huddled together in comfort.

Takemichi kept her eyes on them before hearing more people arrive. He notice Mitsuya and Peh arrive on the scene, their faces filled with worry. Baji and Chifuyu followed behind them. "[surname]-san... is she okay?" Mitsuya questioned. The blond boy's lips quivered as he relayed the news on to them. He flinched when Mitsuya suddenly punched the wall in front of him, "Shit... I told her to get away! What happened?"

Baji and Chifuyu could only look at each other with worried gazes. The blond clenched his fists, "I shouldn't have left her alone..."

Draken frowned and pushed himself off the wall that he's been leaning on. "She... saved me." He began, "If it wasn't for [name]-chan, it would be me in there right now... battling for my life." As his lips quivered, Draken clenched his fists so hard it drew blood from his palms, "Fuck... it should be me in there right now. Not her!"

Another set of footsteps broke the tension in the group and everyone looked up to see Mikey standing before them, drenched in rain. Takemichi gulped, "Mikey-kun, she -"

slap

The impact echoed in the waiting room as everyone looked at the scene in front of them with wide eyes. Without anyone noticing, Aiko had gotten up from her seat the second Mikey arrived and walked up to him, slapping him with such a force to cause his head to swivel to the side.

Draken scowled and made his way to her, "Why you -" He was about to grab her when a single stare from Mikey told him to back down.

"You... what the fuck do you think you're doing?!" Aiko growled, eyes looking up at the Toman Commander. "Everything was going so well! She was safe! Why did you come back?!" With each question, Aiko either pushed Mikey back or pounded his chest with her fist. "Do you see what you being around does to her?!"