|𝟛𝟘|

───── ❝ THE TRUTH ❞ ─────

he finally understood

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈✁━━━━━━━━━━━

2017

Takemichi didn't get it.

He thought everything was going to be okay, and when he returned to the future, it seemed like that. 

At first. 

But why was he now sitting next to the corpse of his partner, Chifuyu, while the barrel of a gun rested on his forehead? Where did it all go wrong? He saved Baji, right? Baji is still alive, so why is this happening?

12 years in the past, Baji decided to step down as captain of the first division and leave Toman altogether. Chifuyu nearly followed in his footsteps but was convinced by Mikey otherwise and instead decided he wanted Takemichi to be his new captain. Takemichi thought these new changes would have set Toman's brighter future in stone.

But what the fuck was this?

Takemichi could barely catch his breath as tears spilled from his eyes. Not only was the pain of the shot through his leg burning, but his heart was also aching after having watched his good friend get murdered in front of him. It was all too much.

"This must be a nightmare... no, this can't be happening!" The now raven haired boy thought.

"Don't worry." Kisaki Tetta, the sole reason everything had gone terribly wrong, said, "You'll be following him soon enough."

Takemichi wanted to say something, but the emotions and pain flooding his mind kept him from doing so. The lack of response was enough to piss off Kisaki as he took the gun and pushed it further into Takemichi's forehead, forcing him to look up.

"What the hell are you?!" Kisaki growled, face leaning closer to the crying boy, "Is this all you've got?!"

"Chifuyu... Chifuyu..." Takemichi couldn't help but repeat his name in his mind, still unable to process the fact that Chifuyu lay dead next to him. "Chifuyu... wouldn't want to see me like this." With all the courage he can muster up, Takemichi glared right up at Kisaki, his teeth baring at him.

Kisaki stared right into Takemichi's eyes, unfazed by the look he was receiving from the boy. It was then that he let a single tear fall from his eye, "See you..."

As the words processed in Takemichi's mind, his eyes suddenly widened as the thought of him dying finally entered his mind. However, he quickly got distracted by quick glint that came from Kisaki's hand.

"My hero."

bang

~

The raven haired boy woke up with a start, seemingly out of breath. He was laying on the ground, staring up at some sort of structure. "Where am I...?" Doing his best to push himself off the ground, Takemichi winced at the pain on his leg. "That's right... Kisaki shot me. And Chifuyu..."

Looking up, Takemichi then caught sight of two figures standing off to the side, quietly conversing with one another. Although it was dark, Takemichi quickly realized who it was, bringing tears to his eyes.

"Baji-kun... Kazutora-kun..." Takemichi was barely able to get out before cries took over his voice. The two males turned their heads to look over at Takemichi, solemn expressions on both of their faces. "Chifuyu is...