|𝟜𝟚|

───── ❝ THE TIME FOR LETTING GO ❞ ─────

the chance to be happy

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈✁━━━━━━━━━━━

You were dying.

And there was nothing you could do to stop it.

There was so much more you wanted to do in your life. So much more you wanted to accomplish. Why did it end like this? What did you do to deserve this?

Simple answer.

You didn't wear a proper jacket. For the Christmas showdown or the New Year's festival.

You let out an ungodly sound as you felt your throat scratch you relentlessly from the inside. Leaning over your bed, you spit in the bucket that was propped next to you before staying in your spot, your body feeling too heavy to move back.

The door to your room propped open a tiny bit and you lazily looked up at the figure. Aiko peeked her head from behind the crack, a mask on her face and gloves covering her hands.

"Hey, best friend~" She started, sounding reluctant as she opened the door even more to stand fully in your doorway. "How are you feeling?"

"Dead." You snorted out, voice sounding nasally due to the congestion build-up.

You heard Aiko suck a breath in through her teeth as she eyed her side. "Right... well, uhm, I won't say you deserve it after not listening. But I will say I told you so." You could only sigh at her words. "Anyways, I've cooked up some soup for you in the kitchen and the medicine I bought for you is on your counter." You opened your mouth to counter when she interrupted you. "Don't worry, I promise I used the money you gave me."

You sniffed loudly as you felt snot falling from your nose before gracefully wiping it with your sleeve. Aiko stared in disgust. "Thank you, Aiko-chan. I honestly don't know what I'd do without you."

The ravenette chuckled and you could see her eyes curl up in a smile. "No worries, you should know I'll always be here for you!" Glancing down at her phone, Aiko's eyes widened. "Ah, but I do have to go now... I have that check-up. I called someone in to take care of you but—"

"You what?"

"I could just stay here and reschedule my appointment..." Aiko ignored your words as she muttered to herself.

You sighed. "I'll be fine, Aiko-chan. You need to get checked up. Besides, you said someone will stay with me right? Who is it anyways?"

"Yo, Aiko-chan!" As you heard the voice in the distance, your eyes widened as a smile placed itself on your face.

"Kenny!"

The tall male made himself known as he peeked behind the door, a smirk on his face as he looked on at you. Upon seeing the smirk on his face, you grimaced. You knew exactly what he was thinking so you beat him to it before the words could come out of his mouth. "Yeah, yeah, 'I told you so' and whatever!" You grunted, weakly waving him off.

Your childish display earned laughter from the two standing in the doorway before it got quiet. Looking back, you see that the two were gone and you could hear Aiko lecturing Draken from the other room.

"So get her to drink her medicine, but make sure she eats first!" You heard Aiko say. "Call me if you need any more help! I'll try and be back as soon as I can!"