|𝟙𝟝|

───── UNRAVEL ─────

Where Takemichi finds out more than he bargained for

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈✁━━━━━━━━━━━

2017

August 19th

Takemichi could not believe it. After working so hard and getting beaten up so many times, he had reached his goal. He had saved Draken. He had saved Akkun. He had saved Hina.

After getting through an intensely awkward start, Takemichi found himself walking alongside Hina - an alive Hina - in his present time. It was a simple fact that he couldn't get over. He also couldn't get over Hina wearing the same necklace he had given her all those years ago.

"What am I thinking... she probably just bought a similar one." He would constantly try to convince himself. However, no matter how many times Takemichi tries, the lovely thought that Hina still loves him after all these years could not be erased from his mind.

With his hands in his pockets, Takemichi walked side by side with Hina as they traversed down the pier, eyes on the glowing lights in front of them.

"So I've heard you teach grade school now?" Takemichi began, wanting to get rid of the awkward silence taking over them. He couldn't believe this was still the same girl who he had shared a first kiss with just a week before - of course to her, it was an entire 12 years ago.

Hina smiled and nodded, "Yeah, I do."

"H-How's that going for you?"

"Uhm... It's going great! The kids are a handful but what else can you expect from a group of young children?" She chuckled as she told the story. "Actually, there's even this one kid... he's a pyromaniac at such a young age."

Takemichi's eyes widened as he was taken aback by the girl's words, "W-what?! Kids these days are scary..."

"They really are." Hina agreed with a chuckle, "Actually... he constalty bullies one of his classmates." The coral-haired girl seemed to pout as she continued, "Calling him broccoli-haired boy and all that... even burning some of his notebooks. Actually, he reminds me of you, Takemichi-kun!"

"Heh? How so?" Takemichi smirked, feeling a pride of joy bubble inside of him. Someone reminds her of me!

"He's a crybaby too!"

"Oh."

Hina brought a hand to her mouth as she did her best to hold back a laugh, but it eventually came out into full blown laughter. Takemichi would have been embarassed for being the target of her loud laughter, but hearing that angelic noice again simply made him stop and listen. He couldn't help but smile as he watched her laugh, occasionally wiping tears from her eyes. The butterflies in his stomach show that the feelings he held for the girl all those years ago still remain intact and were just waiting for the right time to awaken once more.

Suddenly, as he was thinking of the past, a thought popped in his mind. "Oh right! Hina-chan, how's [name]-chan?" He asked gleefully, "I bet you're still in contact with her after all these years, hm?"

Takemichi was so lost in thoughts that he didn't notice the sudden halt in Hina's laughter. He only took a good look at the woman in front of him when she didn't reply. Takemichi's eyes widened upon seeing the wide-eyed, distraught expression on Hina's visage.