|𝟝𝟙|

───── ❝ UNFORGIVEABLE ❞ ─────

i'm coming with you

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈✁━━━━━━━━━━━

The room was quiet, the silence filled with nothing but the rhythmic ticking of the clock on the wall.

You stared up at the male beside you. Draken's eyes were focused on the people in the room. His eyes bored through the glass panes of the observation window. He couldn't see her due to the doctor and nurses surrounding her, but you could tell he was focused on Emma.

They rushed her to the emergency room the second you all arrived at the hospital. You called Draken the second you got the chance and he had quickly arrived.

"Kenny..." You decided it was finally time to break the silence, and the male hummed. He didn't remove his eyes from Emma, however. "I-... I'm so-"

"You have nothing to apologize for." Although his words were meant for comfort, Draken's tone sounded cold.

Your gaze fell to the ground at your feet as a feeling of guilt bubbled up inside of you. With clenched fists, you continued to speak, "But... if I didn't let Emma-chan and Takemichi-kun go off on their own... If only I had gone with them, maybe I could've-"

"Could have what? Taken her place?" For the first time since he got there, Draken finally took his eyes off Emma and looked down at you, "And how would that make this situation any different? Why would you being there on that hospital bed make things better?"

You flinched at his words and you felt a stinging at your eyes. Biting your lip, you did your best to hold back the tears but you were unsuccessful, "Because... Emma-chan is innocent. She has nothing to do with any of this and yet..."

Draken was silent as he listened to you speak, his gaze falling back on the room beyond the glass. "This is the life we gangsters chose. No matter how much we try to avoid it, our enemies will stop at nothing to get the upper hand and that includes involving our loved ones. That's why Toman works hard to protect those innocent people..." You didn't notice how Draken's fists clenched by his side and the way he gritted his teeth.

It was then that you were pulled into a warm embrace and a pair of strong arms protectively wrapped themselves around you. "Don't blame yourself for this. I'm just glad it wasn't the both of you that got hurt."

Unable to hold back tears, you grabbed onto Draken's shirt and sobbed, your cries muffled by his chest. You felt his hold around you tighten and it pained your heart even more. The entire time you cried, Draken refused to let you go and only worked to comfort your aching heart. Once he was sure you were okay did he finally let go.

You were about to look up at him but he placed his hand on your head, forcing it down with heavy pats. Once you were able to look up, Draken had already walked away.

"Wait, Kenny, where are you going?" You called out to him.

Draken only waved back at you, "To find Mikey."

You were about to say something, but your mind blanked. What else could you have said at that moment?

Watching Draken retreat, it was only then that you noticed the clenched fist at his side.

~

Takemichi stood helplessly, watching as Draken continuously beat an unresponsive Mikey. Tears spilled from the corner of his eyes, his face pained after a failed attempt at stopping Draken.